Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Eating Out

#61 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:47 pm

VM

I wouldn't dream of complaining if somebody else is paying. I don't know how much Harvesters charge for a meal but I would imagine it will be quite an outlay for the young man. He's only 21 but he seems to have his head screwed on the right way. I have always found him very respectful. Which is something you don't often find in the young today.

I agree with you that each new experience is what you make it, and if you approach it with the attitude that you are going to enjoy it then so you will.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#62 by Sheldonboy , Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm

As I remember, Harvesters are very good. I seem to remember you can eat as much salad as you like.
http://www.harvester.co.uk/

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#63 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 pm

SB

Why are you always on about rabbits, there is only one thing I want when I go out for a meal and that is red meat.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Rabbits

#64 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 01, 2010 10:39 pm

This is one of my wifes Rabbits, this is Rafferty

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#65 by Voltman , Sat May 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Very nice, not quite the thing one might see nibbling wild grasses at the side of the road.
More a gargantuan beast and so hairy and placid he almost looks like he is asleep.

But what about the rabbit, hey, what a beauty.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#66 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 02, 2010 6:51 am

would make a fantastic stew.

signman

#67 by Voltman , Sun May 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Which, the gargabtuan beast or the rabbit?

Actually don't answer that, I couldn't bear the thought of it either way.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#68 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 02, 2010 3:45 pm

In the early 60's Wednesday nights was rabbit stew nights at my Gran's house, any wonder I don't like stew?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#69 by Deleted User , Sun May 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Lovely bunny

#70 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Is Phil short for Philistine ?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#71 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon May 03, 2010 8:52 am

Denise, you can't talk about Graham like that.

signman

#72 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon May 03, 2010 11:32 am

He is quite stroke-able though isn't he?

Make Love, Not War

phil

#73 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon May 03, 2010 11:55 am

Right, last night we went for this Harvester meal. What can I say, but it was absolute rubbish.

The lad had rung up a couple of days previous and tried to book a table. He said that there was quite a few of us, he was told no need that they would be able to accommodate us within a few moments. When we arrived we were told it would be an hours wait. When we sat at the table there was another hours wait until there was any food on the table.

The food was terrible and there was absolutely no presentation. It was just thrown on a plate and slapped on the table . The table was absolutely bare except for a circle of condiments in the middle. We each had one knife & one fork as a table setting they were of such a quality that the fork bent when I tried to pick up a piece of steak with it.

We spent over an hour waiting and three hours at those tables, of which we probably spent less than one hour in total eating.

I never said a word and I kept my temper, although I did receive numerous kicks under the table from my wife if I even attempted to talk to any of the staff.

I honestly don't know how these places stay in business, or is just that we have all gotten used to rubbish food and poor service. Needless to say they won't be having the pleasure of my custom again.

I have been in greasy spoon café's and eaten better presented and better prepared meals.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#74 by Voltman , Mon May 03, 2010 12:17 pm

What a shame.

Actually sounds like the Wheatsheaf, Sheldon, when we went there many years ago.

Well at least now we all know what to avoid.
Would you care to tell us where this one was Phil?
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#75 by Deleted User , Mon May 03, 2010 12:20 pm

You know weatherspoons does some quite acceptable and cheap food.

Thursday is curry club and not bad I must say.

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
What's The Recipe Today John?

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor