Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Rabbits

#76 by Deleted User , Mon May 03, 2010 12:22 pm

We have been to to wheatsheaf several times over the years and also the indian over the road,we go mainly as my son lives so close,nothing special but in the day you get a meal for a fiver......not bad.....the indian is a bit pricey.

#77 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon May 03, 2010 12:30 pm

I don't mind saying it was the Naffs Head, sorry The Nags Head at Hockley Heath. I don't have to worry about getting my ticket as I won't be going there again. I know I shouldn't really complain as the young lad who treated us all is just that young and he has still a lot to learn in life.

But his heart was in the right place, and as I stated before I went. I would never have said anything in front of him. He went away with the impression that a good night was had by all.

Even though it is not the sort of place I would have chosen, you would have thought that they would try to put a little effort into it, but the trouble is with these big chains is everybody gets paid no matter what. Whereas a small individually owned place has to get filled each night or it fails.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#78 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon May 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Denise

Over the years I have found that even in the lowliest of curry houses and I used some of the lowest. That meals were always well cooked, presented well, and with good service. Sometimes English meals were not so good bit still eatable, perhaps why they mainly stick to steak, omelet and fish.

Yes there were not many times I came out of a curry house saying "well that was rubbish" mind you 99% of the time I used them I was three sheets to the wind.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Eating out

#79 by Voltman , Mon May 03, 2010 4:54 pm

We went to that Nags Head Donkey's years ago.
There was a private dining bit curtained off for the benefit of Thingy Henry (Benny), It was a nice place then.
We also went more recently, I now remember, maybe 8 years ago, for Sunday lunch and that turned out well too.

Denise, would the curry house be the Eastern Curry?
We used to go there every Friday evening for years, that was in the '80s.

VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#80 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 03, 2010 5:20 pm

VM did you ever go to the Jalalabad in Edgbaston Street with us that was always good, That would have been after time on a Sunday night. (we got paid then).

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#81 by Voltman , Mon May 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Yes I did that quite a few times.
First curry house I ever went into.

Blue Nun in a jug, we would roll out just as the bakery next door started up.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.03.2010 | Top

#82 by Sheldonboy , Wed May 05, 2010 5:06 am

Sheldon Hall........... Tile Cross

Quite by coincidence I have heard two stories in three days about The Sheldon Hall Carvery. which up to recent times had a fairly good name in these parts.
My Niece and her husband called in there on Sunday and The plates and the meal were cold, they said that the place wasn't particularly clean they had to ask for the cutlery to be replaced as it was dirty and the service was rubbish.
A lady I speak to at the bus stop in the mornings sometimes told me that her family had been in there for a celebration on Bank Holiday Monday, similar story cold plates/meal etc, there was a dirty mug on the table with the cutlery in. The list went on and on.
Seems like a place to avoid.

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#83 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 am

SB

I think it as I said with these restaurant chains, they either choose very poor managerial staff or they just don't care.

I will stick to my usual policy in future of only using privately owned restaurants. If I want rubbish meals very poorly served and with no presentation in dismal surroundings then I can stay at home and let the wife cook me a meal.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#84 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed May 05, 2010 2:51 pm

I've just bought some radishes from Waitrose, on the pack it says, popular with London porters, who used to eat
them for breakfast with salt and butter, that's a new one on me.
Just tried one, completely tasteless.

signman

#85 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed May 05, 2010 5:22 pm

I like radishes, but if they don't have a bit of a kick then you might as well be eating raw potatoes.

I knew the Porter family from London, nobody ever went to breakfast at their house.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#86 by Sheldonboy , Thu May 06, 2010 5:52 am

I didn't know Radishes could Kick ?

I knew a Cucumber who couldn't go straight
and a Beetroot who went red when I picked her up,
I tried to buy an Onion once but you could only get them in sets.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 05.06.2010 | Top

#87 by toady , Sun May 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Phil
As I am not back in the swing of things after my holiday guess where we had lunch yesterday, Yep! the Harvester have just been reading your comments you obviously went to a different one to us the meal was absolutely fine and take it from me if its not I am not one to sit back and put up with it.

toady  
toady

Founder Member
Date registered 01.11.2010

#88 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 5:00 pm

June

Which one did you go to, do tell as I'll know if I get invited there that its ok.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#89 by Deleted User , Sun May 09, 2010 8:41 pm

Sighnman and all,for radishes buy a packet of French Breakfast radish seeds and soon you will have lots of lovely zingy radish and they are so easy to grow.Mine are just coming up,they need thinning out,must do that tomorrow.

#90 by Deleted User , Sun May 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Friday night got to the caravan late so we went to the chippy,three sausage and chips,jim is a greedy bug,cod and chips and mushy peas and two small bottles of pop £15 pounds...................never going to the chippie again..complete rip off.....the only thing I can say is it does taste good but for that price ???

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
What's The Recipe Today John?

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor