Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Eating Out

#46 by Voltman , Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm

I wonder if we were ever all in there at the same time.
Or perhaps Signman was out front, up a ladder.

If I drank less I would have more money left over for buying wine.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 03.19.2010 | Top

#47 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:49 pm

I don't know about the photo, but they can send me the real thing anytime they like, as long as the wife is out.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#48 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:33 pm

These two young ladies are up for anything, they are two of our best staff,and do some really crazy things between
themselves and the rest of the bunch I might add.

signman

#49 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:21 pm

John

I was reading up about your pub on Google today, it gets some good reviews. Sounds just like the sort of place I would have liked in my drinking days.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#50 by Sheldonboy , Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:39 am

Jamie Oliver is opening a new Restaurant in Brum. It opens sometime in may in the old Borders shop in the Bull ring.

What disease did cured ham actually have?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#51 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 am

He's got one here and a kitchen shop/cooking school, neither doing much good from what I've heard.

signman

#52 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:30 am

Phil it would have been to your liking, daytime clients are all our age range, and then the evening is mainly younger folk with a sprinkling of us old 'uns.
Weekend good mix of everyone.

signman

#53 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:27 am

Phil, Just had a new one in, remember- no swearing.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#54 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:33 am

John

For my local I used to like a pub where where the young mixed with the old, because even when I was young I thought the old had a story to tell. In my way of thinking that is what a local was all about, chat, conversation, having a laugh. and games like darts, crib & dominoes. In my local we used to have quite a good card school. One new gaffer nearly had a fit one night when he walked in and saw how much money was on the table. He banished us upstairs to the clubroom.

But aside from that I didn't use pubs that had booming juke boxes and televisions and that sort of thing. At a pinch I could take a juke box, but if a pub had a television in the room for any reason I don't care if it was the cup final or the world cup, I was out of there.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#55 by Voltman , Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 pm

You saw the TV on the wall behind the bottle of whisky then Phil?

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#56 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:21 pm

John

Its a joke bottle isn't it, how can the Japanese make malt Whisky. They make Saki out of Yaks p*** don't they?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#57 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Phil, No it's genuine, we have a few obscure drinks such as this, don't know why, think it's a novelty factor, but they go down (forget the pun)
quite well.
The TV was on because it was about 6.30 am and I was watching the news, normally it is only on at customers request and our discretion.

signman

#58 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:02 pm

John

I have no objection to TV itself, but what I do object to is being told by some burke to quieten down because they are watching television. My stock answer is "Haven't you got a television at home, because if I want to watch television I stay in".

I remember one night nearly all the regulars in our local went to the opening night of the fishing season to Bewdley. We all settled in a pub at Ribblesford by a caravan site waiting until 12 o clock (Midnight) and we could start to fish.

There was about thirty of us in total, and there was about 5 regulars in the pub. We were playing darts and the players had to keep walking across the sight of the screen and these 5 regulars started moaning . So big Hillary ( 6 ft 6 and 20 stone) switched it off. We all got our ticket.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#59 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Anybody ever been to a Harvester Inn? We (the whole family) have been invited out to dinner by the granddaughters boyfriend to celebrate his promotion at work. Never having tried one of these Inns I would like some sort of an idea what to expect.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#60 by Voltman , Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Long time since we went to a Harvester but you could do what I do whenever we go out
Dress up like it's posh nosh no matter where it is or how the rest of 'em decide to dress. go with the intention of having a good time, don't complain about anything - not even to yourself, enjoy it for what it is and don't spoil it for anyone else.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
What's The Recipe Today John?

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor