Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#7801 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Steph

I heartily agree and endorse every word that you say only you fail to acknowledge the Pict's in the north who have inhabited these islands as long as the Celts have. English Royalty abas.

Phil

phil

#7802 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Have a nice day

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#7803 by mollymandysb , Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:33 pm

oh, sb bless you.

phil in my earlier thread i did mention the pics, along with the jutes and scots.

we have a funny tradition over here, dont know why, but every day i do have to spend time on the ducking stool and an afternoon or so in the stocks. lol

one thing we have to be thankful for tho, is that at one time a conversation such as that thread we would have got our peasants together and rode out to meet each other and started a war, but today we have freedom of speech - how long for i dont know.

sb i do know you belong to a church as iv seen in earlier threads and i do admit that a lot of churches, baptists, methodists etc do a lot of good work. a lot of church organisations run youth clubs and mother and baby clubs and elderly lunch clubs. i myself have helped out at a number of these places.

have a good day

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#7804 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Posted by mollymandysb
oh, sb bless you.

phil in my earlier thread i did mention the pics, along with the jutes and scots.

we have a funny tradition over here, dont know why, but every day i do have to spend time on the ducking stool and an afternoon or so in the stocks. lol

one thing we have to be thankful for tho, is that at one time a conversation such as that thread we would have got our peasants together and rode out to meet each other and started a war, but today we have freedom of speech - how long for i dont know.

sb i do know you belong to a church as iv seen in earlier threads and i do admit that a lot of churches, baptists, methodists etc do a lot of good work. a lot of church organisations run youth clubs and mother and baby clubs and elderly lunch clubs. i myself have helped out at a number of these places.

have a good day

steph

No Steph I don't belong to any Church. My wife serves on a committee for a Church project and we take part in and help with community events at three local churches though.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7805 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:03 pm

No comment on my post then.

signman

#7806 by mikejee , Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:17 pm

John
It's just that it is reasonable and expected that most sensible people don't think much of the royal family, like not liking rain or thunder , or the conservative party

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#7807 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:40 pm

John

I thought that Steph covered the Royal reasonably well and further comment was superfluous.

Phil

phil

#7808 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Anybody heard from Denise? she hasn't posted for a couple of days.

Phil

phil

#7809 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Posted by mikejee
John
It's just that it is reasonable and expected that most sensible people don't think much of the royal family, like not liking rain or thunder , or the conservative party

If I have read that correctly It's offensive.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7810 by Deleted User , Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Still here Phil.

Been a bit busy and today had a lovely vist from my son and his family.Really enjoyed it.

My little Grandaughter who was always very quiet has turned into a real little chatterbox.

My son has done all the work needed and got my car through its MOT.I am so grateful to him.

Made a good start on the Christmas shopping but miles to go yet LOL

#7811 by astoness , Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:04 pm

evening all....hope you are all having a good weekend....den i managed to get 3 xmas pressies sorted today so ive made a start..[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#7812 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Good evening Lyn you have had a busy day then

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7813 by astoness , Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:20 pm

no not really SB [Little LOL] just been pottering about...how has your day been then...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#7814 by astoness , Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:37 pm

hi den hope you and yours are well....oh by the way folks..i love the royal family...used to watch it all the time...[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#7815 by Frothy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Posted by Frothy
I think we've touched a sore point with SB.
I still don't like the German market.
Talking about being patriotic, have you got your flag out today, I have. It's St Edmunds Day, some say the true patron saint of England.
Morning by the way.

Happy saint Edmunds Day

Just to remind you what day it is today

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor