Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#7786 by Frothy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 am

I think we've touched a sore point with SB.
I still don't like the German market.
Talking about being patriotic, have you got your flag out today, I have. It's St Edmunds Day, some say the true patron saint of England.
Morning by the way.

Happy saint Edmunds Day

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#7787 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 am

Morning SB,
Have you been rehearsing that all night ha ha.
Seriously I think the reason why a lot of people don't attend the English market is because most of the traders just sell the same old rubbish,
and most of those traders are not english,just cashing in as they do at most events.
At least the german one sells a few new things and I do like the sweet stall,although a bit pricey.
We have a French one here about 2 -3 times a year,very well supported and there again some new and novel things.
We also have a number of English food and drink events throughout the year, these are a complete rip-off, supposed to be farmers markets
and selling stuff like cheese,wine, bread.
Vastly overpriced and a complete waste of space,3 crusty loaves for a fiver, bargain, NOT, they are no bigger than a crusty cob you can buy anywhere for 5p.
A bottle of organic wine and small lump of cheese £17.50, and it's amazing how the proverbial burger and curry vans appear from nowhere
at all of these events,there again at hiked up prices.
We sell Fosters lager at £3.60 a pint, and we are one of the cheaper outlets,last spring,there was a bar charging £4.10 at the farmers market,
why are these booze sellers allowed at these events.
We also have a Chilli fair twice a year, they charge as much for a chilli pepper as the shops charge for 3,there again the bars infiltrate amongst the other stalls,but considering what some of the idiots eat ,they need something to cool their palates.
I haven't even started on the royal family,have to get my second breath and have another coffee, by the way did I say good morning, nice sharp ,sunny morning so far.

signman
Last edited Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:54 am | Top

#7788 by Voltman , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:17 am

Good morning you cold, pale people.
Interesting stuff. I am not patriotic. I am a foreigner in the land of my birth. I wouldn't mind if markets were all banned, especially German markets.
Voltman

Only a fool does the same thing twice and expects a different outcome
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#7789 by Frothy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:18 am

I hope the English Anthem by Michael Alexander catches on.

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#7790 by mollymandysb , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:25 am

morning all, a treat for me to be on here so early.
thought i had better put my penny worth in.

i am not patriotic - I AM A CITIZEN AND NOT A SUBJECT - when the people of this country get their acts together and shunt the royal scroungers out then we may see some differences. we are so brainwashed, other countries have royal familities but none are treated like ours, the dutch and danish act like ordinary people (rich ones maybe) but until we stop looking up to these people there is no chance of the working classes ever receiving the recognition they deserve - this is what i meant the other day sb. we should all be treated equally because we are human beings not because we have been born into a rich family.

my family roots are cheshire/shrewsbury so that is english, but welsh (which i am proud of) french and danish. do your family history and see if you are all true english but i can bet you you wont be, we have been mixed up with some many races that have taken over this land, oh, i forgot the romans.

here, in redditch, we do have italian, french, german markets. on my local square on a wednesday a local farmer brings his produce down and has a stall. of course, round this way we have a lot of farm shops selling local produce and of course there is a lovely country.farmers market in evesham on a saturday.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

Last edited 11.20.2011 | Top

#7791 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:48 am

Posted by Frothy
I think we've touched a sore point with SB.
I still don't like the German market.
Talking about being patriotic, have you got your flag out today, I have. It's St Edmunds Day, some say the true patron saint of England.
Morning by the way.

Happy saint Edmunds Day

It would be nice to fly a Flag for St Edmonds Froth. Can you tel me where yours is flying please and where you bought it I would like to add it our collection Flags ie: England Flag, Union Flag which get flown on our Garden flag pole, not forgetting our own proud Skull and Crossbones which I fly when I read Some of the posts on here. Sb

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#7792 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:49 am

Posted by Frothy
I hope the English Anthem by Michael Alexander catches on.

I hope it will too froth but first people have to be interested.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 11.20.2011 | Top

#7793 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 am

Posted by Voltman
Good morning you cold, pale people.
Interesting stuff. I am not patriotic. I am a foreigner in the land of my birth. I wouldn't mind if markets were all banned, especially German markets.
Voltman

Shut up volty

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7794 by mollymandysb , Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:18 am

oh, sb, i hope your skull and crossbones is not intended for me!! i m really just a litte sweet old lady sitting here on my computer in my red dressing gown. BUT I DONT LIKE THE ROYAL FAMILY.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#7795 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:30 am

I'm just an old fogie and I'm on my 4th coffee sitting here at my computer and I don't like the royal family.

signman

#7796 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:25 am

Morning all

Do I have to really point out the difference between Christmas and St Georges Day, well the main one is that most of the people attending the German Market would be in the city centre Christmas shopping anyway. Christmas is a traditional time for unloading all the rubbish that traders have left over from the years trading.

The other thing is how long do the other markets that you name trade for, I bet they are only allowed a week maximum. Give the local traders the chance of six weeks at Christmas and they would jump at it. As I stated though we will never be given the chance to find out will we?

Phil

phil

#7797 by mollymandysb , Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am

well, the local farmer has a stall every wednesday in our local square. evesham has a good market with local produce every saturday.

st george is the saint for many other countries as well, 23 april is on the same day as shakespeares birthday so stratford is always full on that day. my argument is why do we need a patront saint, why do we need to feel part of a clan, why cant we just get along with each other as human beings.

as for the royal family well, i v just been reading my kings nd queens book and they jump from france, germany. norway, denmark, half brothers and under kings etc. so we do nt have a direct english line. but the anglo saxons came here and turfed the real british people out, the jutes, scots and pics, (scots does not mean scotland), we have been so inter bred for centuries, so why are we so passionate. i do understand that other cultures are trying to change the face of britain, but hey, history is repeated itself. we used to have wicca here, but that has gone, persecuted by the christians. why cant we all be just people.

not going to happen i know.

a note for sb, others have said i aught to be put on a bonfire and sent back to wales.

a lighter note

started wrapping my christmas presents last night, thought i would continue this morning but have mislaid the sellotape. just been to the local corner shop and he wanted £2.00 for a small roll, walked to the centre and got the same for 99p. thought i would have to walk up to morrisons.

have a good day all.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#7798 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:38 am

Morning Phil
Our usual Markets are on all through this anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7799 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:44 am

Posted by mollymandysb
well, the local farmer has a stall every wednesday in our local square. evesham has a good market with local produce every saturday.

st george is the saint for many other countries as well, 23 april is on the same day as shakespeares birthday so stratford is always full on that day. my argument is why do we need a patront saint, why do we need to feel part of a clan, why cant we just get along with each other as human beings.

as for the royal family well, i v just been reading my kings nd queens book and they jump from france, germany. norway, denmark, half brothers and under kings etc. so we do nt have a direct english line. but the anglo saxons came here and turfed the real british people out, the jutes, scots and pics, (scots does not mean scotland), we have been so inter bred for centuries, so why are we so passionate. i do understand that other cultures are trying to change the face of britain, but hey, history is repeated itself. we used to have wicca here, but that has gone, persecuted by the christians. why cant we all be just people.

not going to happen i know.

a note for sb, others have said i aught to be put on a bonfire and sent back to wales.

a lighter note

started wrapping my christmas presents last night, thought i would continue this morning but have mislaid the sellotape. just been to the local corner shop and he wanted £2.00 for a small roll, walked to the centre and got the same for 99p. thought i would have to walk up to morrisons.

have a good day all.

steph

And you thought I was a revolutionary Steph
You are as much a Bolshevik as Phil.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7800 by mollymandysb , Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:30 pm

sb

my partner (who is a balsall heath brummie) altho his fam history is that some of them came from pershore in worcestershire, hartlebury in worcestershire, maids moreton in buckinghamshire and ireland, says i am a rebel without a cause. he gets quite irate with me sometimes and says i should be sent back to wales.

history lesson

the kingdo m of england existed from 9/10th centruy unti 1707 when it became great britain. however, its history stretches further back beyond the 9th century. part of the roman empire it was then over run by teutonic invaders from northern germany, the indigenous celts being driven to the west. these anglo saxons took control of the richer lands of south and south/east england and created a powerful.rich kingdom. now and then a ruler woud arise who would for a time gain supremacy such as offa of mercia. then the vikings came and the lands were split into the danelaw, the north was under the vikings and the south the others. then the normans in 1066.

since 1066 their have been six families ruling britain. the normans then to the plantagents from anjou in france. the wars of the roses brought an end to them when a WELSHMAN (omg we had to come to the rescue) henry tudor deposted richard 111 and came to the throne. of course, elizabeth 1 had no children so her sister (who was half french half scottish) child James of scotland came to the throne.1714 saw the first king of germany take the throne of england. George 1 of the house of hanover and when queen victoria married prince albert of saxe-coburg and gotha another german family arrived. during the first world ward they changed their surname to a more english sounding name and is now known as the house of windsor.

so we are not ruled by an english dynasty at all, so why do we put up with it and fly the flag for them.

the english flag which is the cross of st george is the emblem of the crusaders the knights of st john, who were a vicious lot. crusading meant going to other countries and taking them over and making them do as we said, and follow the customs. is this not what is happening to day. whats the saying "what goes around must come around".

for all you english out there, if anything bad happens i will take you all back to wales to my cave in the hills and keep you safe, with only the sheep to keep us company.!!!!

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor