Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:42 am

Good morning and a happy to you all in what I believe is the first post of 2011.
I do hope any of you are not suffering this morning, and will be up soon to go jogging around your local park and return home for a slice of ryvita for breakfast washed down with a cup of gods ale before starting work on your little plot.

signman

#2 by astoness , Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:58 am

good morning john..happy to you...well im ok as i didnt have a drink..stayed up to see the in though with the lads..we had a few fireworks going off and had a new thing going on..the sky was full of chinese laterns which i think looked lovely....[Big Smile]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3 by Voltman , Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:43 am

Chinese Lanterns.
I was going to mention this latest piece of stupidity which Lady A enjoyed watching.
What one does is start a small bonfire in ones back garden, then attach a small hot air balloon to it and send this marvellous incendiary device to someone unknown.
Perhaps a farmer would enjoy being the recipient, that barn full of hay to feed his livestock through the winter was just asking for it.
Garden sheds, petrol stations, forests, all must be legitimate targets for the random attempted arson that this thirld world party trick represents.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:08 am

Good Morning All,

I hope you all saw the new year in safely and had an enjoyable evening. I must say though I have seen none of these floating Chinese latern's that I have to agree with Volty. They seem like an accident waiting to happen.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by astoness , Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:30 am

point taken volty....i must admit i dont know how the lanterns exactly work..they just looked pretty[Big Smile]....can you enlighten me please...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#6 by astoness , Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:30 am

point taken volty....i must admit i dont know how the lanterns exactly work..they just looked pretty[Big Smile]....can you enlighten me please...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#7 by berniew , Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Good mornig all and a happy new year . I think you can just make out the word Phil on the groom

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#8 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Morning all...had a good night down the pub,good rock group,fairly sedate,can remember New Years when we have done the conga round the car park LOL.
Jim finally went to bed about 2 and me and my mate had a good yak yak over a few brandys.

Feeling a bit fragile but not too bad.

The metal wire in those lanterns have caused problems with sheep,cattle when they have landed in fields.Such a shame as they are lovely to see and are good fun.

Have a good holiday weekend everyone.

#9 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:26 pm

What a pointless, useless day, no wonder the country is in the state it's in, folks have just had a week off for Christmas and they are still trying to drag it out.
Hardly any shops open, a few pubs( we are) people wandering around aimlessly looking bored out of their tiny minds.
It's about time they lumped all these stupid bank holidays together, and gave people an extra week when they wanted it.
Ha, ha I love starting the new year with a rant

signman

#10 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:29 pm

that song comes to mind,
oh misery,miseryeeeeeeeeeeee

#11 by Voltman , Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Astoness,
I agree, they do look nice in the air. What I didn't know was that there is already a debate raging over their safety,
see this BBC report for instance...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11265560

You will get a better idea of what they are if you Google chinese lanterns and visit one of the sites that sell them.
There are a variety of types, I see that they make them without steel wires, but for more than twice the price. How Nice.
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#12 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Help I need therapy.the thought of taking my lovely tree down soon is so depressing.....I love the house being full of christmas

Helppppppppp[Santa]

#13 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Phil you have changed your avatar..it aint 12th night yet

#14 by Voltman , Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Denise, you could follow a small group of nutters who think it's Christmas all year round.
Or just leave the tree and remove anything that is specifically Christmassy, after all, the tree, lights and baubles have absolutely nothing to do with Christmas, that was the invention of one of the krauts in our royal family.
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#15 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:03 pm

I do have a nativity scene in pride of place LOL

No good all year round is it ?Surely the magic would go ??

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor