Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#31 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:32 am

Phil, so frustrating, I 've been lucky, been with Pipex 6 years without any trouble whatsoever.
Well here's my last job of 2010, the shield is 5 feet in height and will be screwed to the outside wall of the Kings along with a smaller version as a hanging sign.
Will deliver these today, have a drink with Angie, and then down to the Waggon, catch up on the gossip and scoff free bar snacks, it's a hard life.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#32 by Voltman , Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:15 am

Good Morning Y'all.

Phil
In my experience Virgin are excellent when it comes to making claims, signing you up, taking your money and providing a good working service. But when it goes wrong they are totally useless and almost uncontactable.
As it turns out the Virgin broadband was quite good when it worked but toward the end the speeds were getting lower and it was off and on too much. Then when it it went down for a week and they wouldn't do anything about it until I had jumped through enough hoops to start a three ring circus, I decided to move to BT. Virgin then got really nasty, they took a months money, sent some unpleasantly terse emails and then cancelled my email address 3 weeks before my contract ended.
The BT service, I am happy to report, is better than a 56k dial up connection, but at least if it goes wrong there is only BT to blame.
VM

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#33 by Voltman , Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:22 am

Posted by phil
Morning all,

I'm still having problems with Virgin Broadband, their status page says my service is OK now, but I'm still having the same intermittent problems. I think I will be looking for a new provider shortly.

Phil

Phil, that staus page says everything is OK even when the service website reports a total outage. I think it was the NTL service site I used to check on to see the truth.
They even disagree with themselves sometimes. Ringing Service Announcements on 08000 524 329 at the moment will also tell you that everything is OK, I don't think I have ever heard it say anthing else.
VM

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#34 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:33 pm

This is the first time I have managed to log on since I last posted. I nearly gave up for the day, I am getting quite annoyed as these are the only ISP I have ever been with and I first signed on when it was Birmingham Cable. The status page still reads no problems for this area. I am definitely looking for a new provider now. It will be their loss as my average combined bill Broadband TV & Phone is always in excess of £100 per month.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#35 by astoness , Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:41 pm

hi all..john thats a cracking sign...well done you...i guess you will be in the wagon now so talk later...im just wondering who will be the first to get a battering off me this year...[Little LOL]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#36 by Deleted User , Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Evening all.....I am shattered,late nights catching up with me..too much good food too.....been cooking for England LOL

#37 by astoness , Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:30 pm

evening den..happy new year to you and yours......have you overdone things then...ive not apart from the eating bit.only had a couple of drinks over the whole of the festive season..ive taken all the decs down now and the room looks bare...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#38 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:43 pm

I'm still in and out like a fiddlers elbow, it's most annoying.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#39 by astoness , Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 pm

must be most annoying phil...[Break PC]...here you go use these...[Hammers]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#40 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Evening all,
Just got in from 11. 30 this morning, still bored out of my brains after spending all day in the Kings, after dropping of the signs, don't know what's wrong with me, can't seem to settle down, need to travel, going to have something to eat now and go to bed, bet I'm wide awake by 1 o'clock, it's a nightmare, what do I do in the morning.

signman

#41 by astoness , Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:20 pm

boy do you have itchy feet john..well i guess you could always jump the train and spend some time in brum...just a thought...[Big Smile]

evening SB..you have been quiet today....wake up...[Hammer Head Yellow]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#42 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi Lyn been to Symphony Hall this aftertnoon to see

The Glenn Miller Orchestra I expected it to be good. But it greatly outweighed my expectations it was a superb show.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#43 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi Lyn been to Symphony Hall this aftertnoon to see

The Glenn Miller Orchestra I expected it to be good. But it greatly outweighed my expectations it was a superb show.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#44 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 am

Morning all.
Lyn I even thought of that a few weeks ago, and was knocked out by the price of the ticket nearly £200 return, coach is only £20 but takes so long to get there (4 hours) not worth it for the time I would have in Brum.
I went into Morrisons yesterday for a can of corned beef, and picked up about 7 cans before I found one with a key attached, spoke to the girl on the checkout and was told people are stealing them because someone has found that you can use them to get a trolley without having to use a pound coin.

signman

#45 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:31 am

SB , I saw them a few years ago and they were superb.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor