Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#7771 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:56 am

I could have done it for £50 plus road marking paint and still made a profit.

signman

#7772 by Sheldonboy , Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:03 am

If you could get past the Highways Act John you are a better man than the rest of the country.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#7773 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:08 am

SB, designing,what's to design, just two 4" paralell lines. it beggars belief.

signman

#7774 by Sheldonboy , Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:20 am

Don't forget also the public consultation, notices on the lamp posts, notices in the local paper in case anyone wants to object.
Try gett ing a new Pelican or Zebra crossing installed, after the third public consultation meeting you lose the will to live.
Everyone considers a road to be dangerous but No-one wants a crossing outside their house.
I have seen this and been involved many times John just be glad you have only had. The job of painting the signs and not deciding if and where they are intalled.
Councills and the public don't mix Trust me.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7775 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:26 am

Yes I know what you mean SB many moons ago I was always up the planning department trying to get permission for signs,submitting drawings to scale, in triplicate in those days, plus site plan.
Don't forget the photo of the new restuarant area in the bull ring.

signman
Last edited Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 am | Top

#7776 by astoness , Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 am

morning all...just have me brekkie...tad cold out this morning but nice and dry..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#7777 by Sheldonboy , Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Had one of our Councillors knocking on the door this morning, I think she was glad to get away in the finish.

Been into Brum this afternoon. had a look at part of the German market, it comes down to the Rotunda this year. There were thousands there it was packed, we only went as far as Corporation Street.

Going to a Concert tonight. Will disappear soon.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 11.19.2011 | Top

#7778 by Frothy , Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Am I the only one that doesn't like the German Market. They come over here with the same stuff as last year and the year before that and sell it at extortionate prices!!!!!
Thats my moan for the day. I feel better for that

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#7779 by Sheldonboy , Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Yes Froth but the idea of the German Market is to attract Visitors to Brum
Which it does in their thousands. Tradewise it is Fantastic for Brum and it gets bigger every year

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7780 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:20 pm

As I have said to SB on numerous occasions why can't it be an English market selling English produce. What do you think the chances are of me getting permission if I asked the council to allow me to stick up a shed outside the Council House selling Mild or Bitter at £5 a pint?

I can't understand how they get permission as I thought there was an alcohol restriction in force on the streets of the city? SB doesn't see any harm in it and thinks it's a good idea. How can anything be a good idea that takes trade away from brummie traders?

Phil

phil

#7781 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
Yes Froth but the idea of the German Market is to attract Visitors to Brum
Which it does in their thousands. Tradewise it is Fantastic for Brum and it gets bigger every year

How do we know that local traders wouldn't draw the same crowds, we will never know until it is tried.

Phil

phil

#7782 by Frothy , Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:52 pm

We don't agree on too much Phil but do on this one I'm glad to say. I avoid Town like the plague when the German Market is here.

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#7783 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Frothy

One thing they will never be able to say about me is that I am unpatriotic. I just cannot see why Birmingham Council bend over backward every year to accommodate this German Market whilst they are doing their very best to close our own down. It is just beyond my comprehension why they are allowed to set up a market on out streets every year without even considering the trade it might take away from the local shops and eateries. I would hope that if I bought one of those German sausage things that I would choke on it.

Phil

phil

#7784 by Sheldonboy , Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:21 pm

[Little LOL]
[Big Laugh]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7785 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:23 am

It's refreshing to see how many people are so patriotic. For one thing I would greatly prefer the Christmas market to be an English one, but it will never happen.
There is an English market held every year in New Street. It is part of the Saint Georges Day Celebrations. It is poorly supported by traders because it is poorly supported by visitors. When the Christmas Market is on the local shopkeepers benefit greatly from the influx of visitors from all over the country, just go and ask them WE HAVE
.http://www.surfcanyon.com/search?action=...w=1321773807720

Many English people will tell you that they are patriotic to their country. But they think that being patriotic means wearing a Poppy once a year and maybe watching ten minutes of the Last Night of the Proms.
What do our Patriotic brethren actually do for Saint Georges Day for example. A day is put on based in Victoria Square totally Free to the public. The City Council spends £20,000 on this ( The same amount of money that they spend on St Patrick's Day which is more of a success because the Irish community put so much into it). St Georges Day is a great day and we are heading to the tenth year next April that the city has held this. This actually coincides with The Diamond Jubilee of our Great Queen. This day attracts a few thousand people many of whom come from out of town. Most locals don't bother. When did any of our members ever attend.
This isn't guesswork on my part My wife and I have actually walked around town carrying out a survey which the City Council asked us to do. We are both Trustees of The Saint Georges Day association. Some times when I am not on this forum we are at meetings working to organise this event.
We also hold a concert in Symphony Hall. I think last year we charged about £12 a super show and at that price not quite a sell out bearing in mind we have to pay over £7000 just to hire the Hall.
This is the one day of the year that English people can celebrate being English and enjoy a day of National Pride.
The main aim of the organisation is to secure a Bank Holiday for Saint Georges Day. I have personally heard many people ask for this for years.
I sit on a Police committee, and help to ensure our community is looked after as we would wish it to be. I am also a member of the Governing Body of a local School, I think I try to put back a little into the the local area.
When you hear anyone running down our Queen and her family remember how Patriotic you are, defend her.
When the City puts anything on for you support it. It's all very well moaning about everything, but what do you do. Phil you talk about supporting our markets, but you never come into town. Well done for your support.
Everyone wants to say and think they are Patriotic. Stand up for you country and do something about it. All anyone wants to do is run their Country and their own City down.It's not good enough to spout on about what's wrong all the time. Do something about it. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 11.20.2011 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor