Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#5881 by Voltman , Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:44 am

Posted by phil
Morning all,

Don't all faint that I am up early but I have just had to run my grandsons school tie over to him as he came here straight from school and left it here last night.

I was snoring peacefully in bed when the wife shook me and I though no not again twice in one year its not my birthday it must be Christmas.

I've just got back, I didn't realise how busy it can be in the middle of the night.

Phil

Phil, That's why I don't go out until the "Streets have aired"
I can go out at 9:30 and take about a third of the time to get somewhere than I would take if I left at 8:30.
VM

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5882 by astoness , Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:46 am

Posted by Voltman
[quote="denise"]Morning all..just been on my fave lottie site and someone started a thread wanting me to do the appeal for christmas again.We raised £2oo the first year and £600 the second.
Had so many problems with it last year as some members,one in particular gave me a lot of hassle and I thought I would not do it again.If I go on the forum saying this will it make me look churlish?

Plus I started it with the criteria being it would be a charity for gardeners.........It is a bit of a passion with me that Gardening can be used for helping the disabled or like last year using Hoticulture as a therapy for people damaged mentally by war.Already there are suggestions for non related charities.

What to do folks ??

Denise, I suggest you start it off again, if that's what you would really like to do. But this year, right up front, state very clearly the aims and conditions as if you were drawing up a contract. Make it absolutely clear where all of the money will be going and that no negotiations will be entered into, on any matter. Your decisions will be final in order that everyone entering can be assured of the outcome being as stated at the outset.
Doing this will eliminate the need to respond to people who wish to impose their own ideas.
I know it's a sort of take it or leave it situation but it is much better to be clear and open, in writing, at the start of a project than try to defend some hazy notions as you go along. Not everyone will read the terms but at least they will be laid out and there to be referred to.
VM[/quote

morning volty i think thats very sound and good advise to give den....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5883 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:55 am

Denise

If you have started it and you have done all the work and you stated the intentions of the charity, then what you do is your business and no one else's. If others don't like it then there is no need to donate, in fact I wouldn't mind betting those making all the fuss donated very little or even nothing at all. Give them their money back and they will have nothing to moan about.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5884 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:23 pm

It's scorching here,been watching them put the wheel up,very pleasant day doing nothing.

signman

#5885 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:25 pm

This is what I'm having for tea.

signman

#5886 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:04 pm

I think they've come to shoot the wheel down.

signman

#5887 by mikejee , Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Denise
A bit late coming in , but i completely agree with the others. It is a bit of a cheek others trying to manipulate things like that

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5888 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:19 pm

John

Are we being invaded? If its one of ours I would get it framed because the way this governments going it doomed to become a rarity.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5889 by Sheldonboy , Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Posted by denise
Morning all..just been on my fave lottie site and someone started a thread wanting me to do the appeal for christmas again.We raised £2oo the first year and £600 the second.
Had so many problems with it last year as some members,one in particular gave me a lot of hassle and I thought I would not do it again.If I go on the forum saying this will it make me look churlish?

Plus I started it with the criteria being it would be a charity for gardeners.........It is a bit of a passion with me that Gardening can be used for helping the disabled or like last year using Hoticulture as a therapy for people damaged mentally by war.Already there are suggestions for non related charities.

What to do folks ??

Denise, I too am late in joining in on this one. The main point of you raising money for charity is that it is Voluntary. Now with any Vuluntary situation
You make sure It doesn't cost you any money. As Phil said You make the rules. You do it because you want to do it, not because you are forced to do it.
You must be open and transparent and state who benefits from the fund raising. But above all If you are being pushed to do it SAY NO. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5890 by Deleted User , Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Been on,stated my case,charity for Gardeners.............any hassle and I am off.

Quite empowering.

Thanks for the advice,I have taken it and not worrying now.Thanks again.

#5891 by Deleted User , Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:47 am

Good moning sun[Sunshine] lovers

#5892 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:29 am

Morning each,

Denise good for you stick to your guns. Don't stand for any nonsense.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5893 by mikejee , Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Yes, stick to your guns Denise.
Recently workman have been putting in some new electricity cables near me. I was a littrl amused at the result. They certainly did their best to return the road and markings to the condition it was in before , But.....

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5894 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Mike

Nobody can accuse them of wasting materials can they.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5895 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Mike, brilliant, Phil, they are sending the air force now.

signman
Last edited Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:33 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor