Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#5851 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:46 am

Lyn, if you look at the photo (?) you will notice the top left corner seems to be missing, or faded ,I can't see the demolition men leaving the house like that,unless it was actually taken whilst they were working.
The reason I've questioned it being a photo is that I did notice on the site that a lot of his photos were marked as photo copy, will have to wait and see until it arrives,maybe he's making lots of copies from the only one he has.

signman

#5852 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:25 am

John

I think you will find that the building was left in that condition. The brickwork had been cleared back to the window frame which would have had a tied edge and therefore have been pretty solid. I cant say I think much for the tapering above that but there were not the health and safety concerns of today then. Also it looks like the door and window of your old house had been bricked up long enough to attract fly posters.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5853 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:08 am

Good morning, another fine day forecast.
I'm doing nothing today just being idle and going to watch them erect the Brighton wheel.

signman

#5854 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:21 am

Morning John
A good opportunity for pictures then.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5855 by astoness , Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:04 am

morning all...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5856 by Deleted User , Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:09 am

Morning..............will it be warm today ?

#5857 by Voltman , Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:43 am

Posted by Sheldonboy

Posted by phil
Talking about street lighting, does anybody know why all the street lighting is being changed. From what I can see there seems to be little difference except the new light stands are a little higher and I suppose the lamps are the new energy saving type. Why though could the existing ones not be converted instead of all the expense of replacing them?

Phil

Volty will know better than me Phil, our new street lighting is great It's almost like daylight. Ours are much brighter energy saving LED's I can only guess that they take less power and have to be on another power system. SB

I'm not very well up on street lighting.
I know the new(ish) fitting at the top of the post outside our house throws less light and glare back at the house and none at all upwards.
If they are fitting LED types then the power supply will be the same but the control gear will be replaced or, more likely, be entirely contained within each lamp.

LED lamps are a marvellous thing, I have just replaced some 12v 50watt dichroics over my bench with LED types of 2.7 watts with 54 LEDs in each. Not as bright as the 50 watt of course, but they run almost cold as does the transformer, so no more setting fire to my hair. The reduction of 140 watts in consumption will never pay for them though, not at £6 each. The more modern 240 volt types are less than half that price so it is the way to go but although more fittings are required at the moment to get the same light levels it is the reduction of heat generated that I see as the major advantage.
VM

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5858 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 am

I thought everything was deactivated at the till once it was scanned, if not why not tag everything, it would be cheaper than the cost of all the stuff that gets nicked.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9272981.T...pate_of_thefts/

signman

#5859 by mikejee , Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:22 am

Shows the local chavs have taste as regards to chocolate.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 09.27.2011 | Top

#5860 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:48 am

Morning all,

Quite a nice Indian Summer we are having at the moment. I wonder how long it will last?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5861 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Phil, it's bloody night time now.

signman

#5862 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:44 pm

John

I always was a night person, I hated day time but loved the nights. The trouble is now as I get older I don't see much of its because I'm usually snoring.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5863 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Strange Phil, I usually climb up the wooden( to coin an old brummie saying) around 11 ish, drop off after about 30 minutes and I'm always awake and usually get up at 4 ,done it all my life with no problems.

signman

#5864 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:12 pm

John

When I was younger, it was nothing to go out on a Friday and spend the whole weekend drinking and not return home until Monday night after work. Then I got married.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5865 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:52 pm

You know the old saying Phil:
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor