Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#5866 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:54 pm

SB

No marriage is the curse of the working class, because it puts paid to the drink (if you let it)

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5867 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:56 pm

That's easy Phil, all you have to do is sort out your priorities.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5868 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:00 pm

I did, my wife never tried to change me. She knew what I was like when she married me. She just played the waiting game now she has got me where she wants me.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5869 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:04 pm

And it's goodnight from him.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5870 by astoness , Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:35 am

morning all...looks like another good day weather wise...got the grass cut yesterday..just need to sort out the front garden...i was told yesterday that snow is forecast for next month so we had better make the most of it....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5871 by Deleted User , Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:41 am

Morning all..just been on my fave lottie site and someone started a thread wanting me to do the appeal for christmas again.We raised £2oo the first year and £600 the second.
Had so many problems with it last year as some members,one in particular gave me a lot of hassle and I thought I would not do it again.If I go on the forum saying this will it make me look churlish?

Plus I started it with the criteria being it would be a charity for gardeners.........It is a bit of a passion with me that Gardening can be used for helping the disabled or like last year using Hoticulture as a therapy for people damaged mentally by war.Already there are suggestions for non related charities.

What to do folks ??

#5872 by Sheldonboy , Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:43 am

SNOW
You are funny
Good morning and everyone.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5873 by Sheldonboy , Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:47 am

Sorry my last post should have said
Good morning LYN and Everyone

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5874 by Deleted User , Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:47 am

Oh yes LOL,good morning all......no snow I hope.

#5875 by astoness , Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:49 am

Posted by denise
Morning all..just been on my fave lottie site and someone started a thread wanting me to do the appeal for christmas again.We raised £2oo the first year and £600 the second.
Had so many problems with it last year as some members,one in particular gave me a lot of hassle and I thought I would not do it again.If I go on the forum saying this will it make me look churlish?

Plus I started it with the criteria being it would be a charity for gardeners.........It is a bit of a passion with me that Gardening can be used for helping the disabled or like last year using Hoticulture as a therapy for people damaged mentally by war.Already there are suggestions for non related charities.

What to do folks ??

morning den...i do recall the problems you had last year with the christmas appeal..this is a difficult one for you...i can only suggest that you have a good think about it before you decide...totally understand your passion though but have think about it first before you commit yourself..

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 09.28.2011 | Top

#5876 by Deleted User , Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:09 am

Hi Lynn,yes will take a while to decide,I am going to log off on there now so I can see what they are saying without that feeling of them all staring at me LOL

The main agitator has gone from the forum but I have reasons to suspect this person was a regular poster under another identity.

#5877 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:14 am

Morning all,

Don't all faint that I am up early but I have just had to run my grandsons school tie over to him as he came here straight from school and left it here last night.

I was snoring peacefully in bed when the wife shook me and I though no not again twice in one year its not my birthday it must be Christmas.

I've just got back, I didn't realise how busy it can be in the middle of the night.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5878 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:24 am

Phil, I'm on my 2nd breakfast after a mile long stroll,it's brilliant sunshine here, or is it the moon.

signman

#5879 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:26 am

Denise, stick to your guns,if they don't like it, get someone else, you can't support every charity.
Don't get paranoid about it.

signman

#5880 by Voltman , Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:41 am

Posted by denise

What to do folks ??

Denise, I suggest you start it off again, if that's what you would really like to do. But this year, right up front, state very clearly the aims and conditions as if you were drawing up a contract. Make it absolutely clear where all of the money will be going and that no negotiations will be entered into, on any matter. Your decisions will be final in order that everyone entering can be assured of the outcome being as stated at the outset.
Doing this will eliminate the need to respond to people who wish to impose their own ideas.
I know it's a sort of take it or leave it situation but it is much better to be clear and open, in writing, at the start of a project than try to defend some hazy notions as you go along. Not everyone will read the terms but at least they will be laid out and there to be referred to.
VM

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor