Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#2416 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:20 pm

John & Mike

I agree that more interesting topics of conversation and discussion are required, any suggestions? It can't always be left to admin to start new topics.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2417 by Voltman , Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:20 pm

I don't know, I have a day off from the forum, to do a bit of microprocessor coding for my next product, and the place starts falling apart.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#2418 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Make no mistake guys we all know who does what and when. Nothing is compulsory, this just a wake up call to everyone.
It would be of no uses to anyone complaining when it's too late that is all.
Yes of course the answer is new members. Then we have to keep them interested. we have some very good contributors to our forum and we have to keep each other interested too.
John you say you are not much for chatting, but as our South Coast correspondent and Photograhy expert you do your bit, as do you Mike as our Chief archivist. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2419 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Adoo everyone. just got in from the pub, had a wonderful day chatting and doing the Times crossword, brain fodder, don't let this little forum go
it would be a shame to see it end, although we don't know each other, I think we have a fair idea of what we are about, I do look forward to reading the comments each morning, but after saying that, there's only so much you can say about the weather, blah, blah, we need some impetus, so come on you youngsters, ask us oldies some questions, Phil has a wonderful collection of photos, surely you have got questions to ask about your family, past, or anything related to such.

signman

#2420 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Evening John
Okay then what did you first think when you saw the Spanish Armada.[Let Me Think]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 04.03.2011 | Top

#2421 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Seriously John
Yes we need to get some good chatting going. Lets have suggestions, perhaps from the ladies !

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2422 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:21 pm

John

If there is one thing I don't want to know and that is about my family history. The little I know about it's modern day history I want to keep quiet. I will agree with you we desperately need new members and we need to keep the momentum going.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2423 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 am

Morning all,
Sunny and dry here today on the costa del Brighton, I'm off to Eastbourne for a ramble around and maybe Hastings.
Where are all the ladies lately,Denise and Lyn have not entered the photo competition, is it because of the subject content ?
I made a huge bread pudding on Saturday, soaked in half a bottle of Jack Daniels, and gave all our girls slices, a hangover in every slice,
I'm sure Rachel and Angie were staggering, mind you they did have 2 squares each.
Have a nice day .

signman

#2424 by Frothy , Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:42 am

Hello all.
Just been reading the last few posts. Hope this forum doesn't fold it would be a shame to see it go. I know I don't say much on here ( I don't say alot any where ) So I will try and put some more input onthe forum in the future, work permitting.
Chris

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#2425 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:26 am

Hi Chris

As I keep saying nobody is expected more to put more time on here than they can spare. Everybody has their own life to lead, I'm luckier than most because I have so much spare time (if you can call it luck). The main problem as I see it which I have also stated before is a shortage of members. So if anybody has any suggestions how to remedy that then I am willing to listen. If we could only double our regular posters I think this would put an end to our problem.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2426 by Frothy , Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:43 am

Hello Phil.
Personally I think there are to many threads going on within the forum.
When I first joined I was a bit overwhelmed by it, I didn't know where to post at first. most of it could be done on "Open all hours thread"
Well that's my humble opinion any way[Let Me Think]

Chris

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#2427 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Frothy

In my opinion there is some merit to what you say, and I did ask in my last site survey if anybody thought that the the site needed to be trimmed and the reply I got was it was fine as it is. Though I think if we are still around in June I will trim one or two of the boards and threads not being utilised. Though if you look at some of the other Forums they have as many if not more boards on their front page than we have. I would like it however if our front page sat comfortably within a computer screen without the need to scroll up and down.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2428 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Started off nice and sunny, turned grey and chilly in Hastings, here's what's left of the pier, can't see much to restore, looks like a Weston-super-mare job to me , a complete re-build if they can raise the money.

signman

#2429 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:32 pm

John

Wasn't it insured?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2430 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Phil, believe it or not ,it was owned by some piss-pot company in South America who no one has heard from in over 5 years, they don't know if it was insured.

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor