Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#2401 by Sheldonboy , Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:52 am

Good morning everyone.
Have a good day if you go to The BCM Lyn.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2402 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:40 am

Morning each,

thats my household duties done for the week, the shopping is done so now I can relax.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2403 by Sheldonboy , Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Good morning Phil
Alright for some pal. Were just off out for round two.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2404 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:41 pm

SB

The big difference being, you love it and I hate it. How do you manage not driving, do you use a taxi. Having to shop each day would drive me crazy. If I had my way and it was possible I would only shop once a year.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2405 by Sheldonboy , Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Phil, Love it is maybe a bit strong. But I do enjoy being out and about and I like to see what's going on in the town.

There is a new Travellodge being built at the back of the bull ring (Nearly finished)
There is another Travellodge being built in Cars Lane by M&Sparks (just started )
There is a new Express by Holiday Inn hotel being built on the Coventry Road South Yardley
Also a fourth hotel is being built by the old Fox and Grapes (back of Moor Street)
So there will be plenty of places to stay in Brum.

Hot off the press, we have just heard there has been a stabbing down at the end of Garretts Green Lane, it's all cordened off and the Copper chopper is in the air, police cars whizzing everywhere.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2406 by Sheldonboy , Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:21 pm

This is getting extremely sad. Up to December we were posting at the rate of over 100 posts per day. Today we have around 10 posts. I hope it picks up soon or no-one will bother anymore.
This would be a great waste as I believe this is a great little forum. Of course people are busy at times and of course people come and go, but as members, if you keep coming to have a look and find nothing has been posted eventually you will stop looking.
What we need of course are more new members. Stirling Silver has been a breath of fresh air giving others a bit of work to do.
So do we want Brummies Talking to survive ? I Hope So. SB Goodnight

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 04.02.2011 | Top

#2407 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:47 pm

As you say SB it seems like its the end of the road. The thing is that there are far too many well established forums and the like out there. I visit here about 20 times a day at one time I could get guarantee finding at least one person to chat to, but of late there is no one. Well just have to give it little more time in the hope it picks up.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2408 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:15 am

Good Morning all.
I hope anyone appearing will read the last couple of posts. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2409 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:48 am

Morning SB

I think that as I said last night, we have to give to give it a little longer to see if things pick up. Luckily being a free forum its not costing nothing, if it were then the sensible thing to have done would have been to shut it down weeks ago. So lets just wait and see what the rest of the members have to say.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2410 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:17 am

Phil, I have absolutely no wish or intention to close the forum down that would be a great waste. my only purpose of this discussion is to point out to everyone that "The Forum" is a group, a number of people taking part is obviously essential to keeping up the interest and making it worthwhile taking part.
Closing BT was never an option to me, there has been too much effort put into it over the last year or so (mainly by you Voltman and Signman). But it could just fade away.
All I wish to point out to the members is If you don't use it you'll lose it. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 04.03.2011 | Top

#2411 by Stirling Single , Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 am

To all,
This site is good and with the folk who have been supporting you, you have a lot in knowledge to offer from every one of you in different areas of discussion, - no funny remarks, Phil.!! your great.
That, I have defnitely found out with the help I have been given since I joined a short time ago and you also don't normally find such a friendly group that you can talk with.
You defnitely have my support.
Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single
Date registered 03.12.2011

#2412 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:46 am

Lyn

Thank you for those kind remarks.

Whilst I realise people have a life to lead and can't be stuck on a website 24/7. It does take the wind out of ones sails to log on here so many times a day or night and to find that you are on your own again. I know what the problem is, as its been said so many times before and that is lack of members. I know that I could bring new members by asking people on other forums that I belong to to pay us a visit, but I find that unethical. I'm not saying I haven't done that but only with people I am comfortable with and to me it was just like inviting a mate from down the local.

The point being, as SB says use it or loose it, there are only certain things the admin team to make the forum enjoyable. The rest is down to the membership, I think I have tried my best to implement everything that has been asked for by the membership, but it seems to no avail. There comes a time when one begins to realise they are flogging a dead horse.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2413 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Morning all, very foggy down here, all I can hear are ships fog horns.
Phil, you know I have been one of the staunchest inputters on here,albeit more towards the photography aspect, more members is the only option, plus a bit more input of interest, I 've never been one just for chatting for chattings sake, and unless it's of interest I tend not to add anything, just read all the comments and log off.
I'm off down the pub now and do a bit of chatting face to face, have a nice day everyone.

signman

#2414 by Voltman , Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:17 pm

I love Cunard foghorns, I find them to be really moving.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 04.03.2011 | Top

#2415 by mikejee , Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm afraid i'm a bit like John. Maybe its the time i spent in Yorkshire, but I'm not one much for just chatting, though can go on for a long time on a particular subject if it grips me.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor