Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#946 by astoness , Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 pm

just looked outside and it pouring down here...saves watering the garden tomorrow...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#947 by Deleted User , Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 pm

Yes Phil we have discussed Porlock before...........pouring of rain here too .

#948 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:12 am

Done Porlock Hill more times than I remember, last time (aeons ago) a jeep blew up and someone was killed, anyone remember that, I think it was late 60's early 70's.

signman

#949 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:38 am

So where are all these new members, at my reckoning we only have 9 members posting.

signman

#950 by Sheldonboy , Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:07 am

You are right John when people join we have no idea what they are going to do. We have olny a small membership but a very strong one. We are growing slowly but there is no rush. It's very friendly, no trouble makers. We are hoofing out none posters slowly and that will continue. Let's just be patient and enjoy what we have SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#951 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:39 am

SB, you are right, but you should know me by now, I want action, and input, wish I wasn't so far away I can't contribute as much as I would like to as regards Brum.
That's why I like the photo forums,at least I can get involved and put a bit of colour into your life.
Changing topic, it's p****g down here and very windy, think I'll do my ironing for a bit of excitement.

signman

#952 by Deleted User , Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 am

Same here John,I am aware I blab on about Lichfield a lot but I don't think anybody minds.At least they are too polite to say otherwise LOL.

East, west brum is always the place that defines me as I can't go far without someone saying I am a Brummie.Never lost that accent.A Moseleyite for ever LOL.

#953 by Deleted User , Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:08 am

off for a short break with my Mum this afternoon,only a few days,Jim will be down the pub like a shot.

Be good[Silly Grin]

#954 by astoness , Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:17 am

morning all....well its not often i comment on forums unless they upset me and then i do say something.... so all i can say with regards to this one is i totally agree with SB...john im sure we all value your input with photography and the very clever art work that you do and although we are not large in numbers i feel like i know you all personally and its great to get up in the morning knowing there is usually someone online to say hi to...makes all the difference to me...and then there are the laffs that we have along the way.sometimes i am in stitches here and surley we cant put a price on that either...then there are the games...nice to have a choice to join in or not...any road up i like it here so if you all dont mind i think i shall stay...[Skipping Happy]

denise you ramble on about lichfield as much as you like as ive said before you are very lucky to live there..so much history to it....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#955 by astoness , Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 am

thanks for the notice denise....ive got me hammers at the ready[Laugh Out Loud]

have a nice few days and piccies if you can....

lyn[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#956 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:28 am

It stopped raining, so I went walking to the hardware shop to get some new brass pulls for my windows, I have just painted them and the old ones were a bit grubby.
I would like to put d/glazing in, but they are listed so my hands are tied, they still have chains on the sashes, when did they go out Phil ?.

signman

#957 by astoness , Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 am

looks like rain on the way here...how old is your place then john....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#958 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:13 am

Think they were built in the early 1800's Lyn.

signman

#959 by astoness , Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:49 am

john...i think i have looked in on the mail site ages ago...those are great pics but the one that interests me the most is the bartons arms as it shows the few shops left standing to the left of it...ive saved it but its only quite small and i would like to zoom in on these shops...is there any way you could email it to me please on a large scale..dont worry if not..

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#960 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:58 am

I'll do that for you Lyn, have just been on the site again and found two wrong captions, namely Kingstanding shopping centre when it is plainly the Maypole and even shows the name in the photo., and Moseley Art School and it's a photo of Moseley Village, we should all get jobs as archivists I'm sure between us we could do a lot better than that bunch.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor