Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#916 by Deleted User , Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks Lyn.we had a laugh........the van is in Tewksbury and the nearest tip we could find was in upton....we had a mass clear out and decided to drive with it all to Upton and when we got there it was closed......only open three days a week.......in the end we drove to Malvern......found it by Morrisons.

Went to a great car boot this morning at Uton,bought a lovely Tower pan for one pound........it pleased me anyway.

#917 by astoness , Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:11 pm

glad you had a good time denise...well in your absence ive done my best to keep things on an even keel but if you read though the posts you will see i have on the odd occassion had to get the hammers going...[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#918 by Deleted User , Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:13 pm

It is the only thing you can do Lyn ..................[Funny]

#919 by astoness , Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:26 pm

well i certainly missed your back up denise...one in perticular gave me cause for concern but soon settled down[Big Laugh] thats was a good deal for the tower pan...by the way is that upton on severn you mentioned.

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#920 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:10 am

Morning SB, it's only me and thee at the moment, a dull damp misty morning here on the costa del sussex.
Pride parade over for another year (thankfully) nothing but burly blokes mincing around in frocks and leather shorts with no back in them,
if you are gay so be it- but don't prance around like a fairy on a rock cake.

signman

#921 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:40 am

Good Morning young John, It's quite fair to say I hold similar views to you on the Pride scene. It's too in your face at times. Real women are enough trouble without needing imitations.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#922 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 am

SB, I should change your avatar if I was you, because a lot of the blokes on Saturday and Sunday looked like that.

signman

#923 by Voltman , Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 am

Gay means happy, nothing else.

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#924 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 am

Good morning, Volty the Word Gay should mean happy. Nowhere in my post did I use it.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#925 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:04 am

Morning all, Gay might mean happy though I'm afraid it hasn't been used to mean that since the late 50's. It took on a more unusual connotation than "bright young person" from that period. I suppose that words like these were used to describe homosexuals and homosexual practises because it was contrary to the law at that time and they didn't like the quite legitimate word homosexual.

I had friends of both sexes that were Gay and I thought of them no differently than my straight friends. I have to say I much preferred the way things were back then. As stated previously I also think the whole scene is too in your face now.

I really am at a loss to see why the Gay crowd think they have to behave in such a manner. Why do they feel they have to shock & outrage people? Do they think this wins people over to their cause?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:18 am | Top

#926 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:25 am

With you on this Phil

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#927 by astoness , Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:24 pm

and for your observation SB that real women are enough trouble....[Hammers] you walked into that one...[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#928 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:52 pm

John

I know I'm a thick townie, but why does one need a sign a few feet from a cliff edge, warning of a cliff edge. If its for blind people then they would trip over it and fall down the cliff.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#929 by astoness , Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:53 pm

omg...ive gone all funny looking at that last pic john....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#930 by Voltman , Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Dear Sirs,

Having found your lovely forum I now wish to join. Unfortunately I don't know which bus it is that I would have to catch in order to be dropped off somewhere in your vicinity.
I am also being prevented from visiting you by this very stiff jacket I have been forced to wear by two jolly nice chaps who are keeping me safely in the back of this red and white van.
They probably work in a laboratory. I guess this from the array of technical looking equipment in here and the nice white coats they are wearing.
I have to go now as they want me to hold some wires in my mouth for them.
Please reserve a place for me as I am sure I will fit in very well with your current membership.

Bestest Regards
Mr Volty.

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 08.09.2010 | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor