Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1636 by Deleted User , Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:20 am

Well the vist went well and although not a catholic myself I was pleased for all concerned that it was a success.

I was particularly pleased that the churches role in the child abuse was spoken about by the pope.What a disgusting saga this has been and I am glad that some of the abused people were able to spend time with the pope,hopefully this will play a small part in their healing.
Hopefully child abusers will now see there is no hiding place for them in the church.

#1637 by Deleted User , Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:23 am

Jim met him yesterday in town while he was walking the dogs.He said he was qute chatty and friendly.

http://www.thisislichfield.co.uk/news/Pr...il/article.html

#1638 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:29 am

Denise

for one moment there before I saw the link you posted, I thought you meant God. The thought ran through my head well he doesn't sound that bad a chap, perhaps I have misaligned him.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1639 by Deleted User , Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:39 pm

[Big Smile]

#1640 by astoness , Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:49 pm

evening all....[Big Smile] well ive not done much today..just pottered around the house doing a few jobs..if i feel like it tomorrow i may tackle the back garden..there are a few shrubs need cutting down a bit...hope you all had a good day....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1641 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Lyn

Every day is a good day, it's just all those others that try to make it a bad one but my motto is "Illegitimis non Carborundum" or if I don't want to be crude "Noli nothis permittere te terere."

But the essence is the same.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:24 pm | Top

#1642 by astoness , Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:35 pm

[Laugh Out Loud] phil..i would go along with that if i could understand it...please translate for me...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1643 by Deleted User , Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Evening Lyn

#1644 by Voltman , Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Don't let "them" grind you down
and something about nothing being pemitted on the ground.

“If a man knows he will sooner or later be robbed upon a journey, he will have a bottle of the best in every inn and look upon all his extravagances as so much gained upon the thieves.”
Robert Louis Stevenson.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer] http://telsen.co.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1645 by astoness , Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:31 pm

good evening den...hope you are well...and thanks volty..think i get the drift...[Sun Flower]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1646 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Lyn

The first one is the more used not very grammatical Latin translation of "don't let the B*****ds grind you down"

The second is a more grammatically correct translation of near enough the same phrase "Do not let the B*****ds wear you down"

So they tell me, as I don't understand a word of Latin, but I do prefer the first version it has that little something.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1647 by astoness , Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:47 pm

oh phil..i do agree with you...the first version is the one i always say...in fact ive used it quite often of late...[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1648 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:41 am

Morning all, after an absolute scorcher yesterday we have a misty start to another hot sunny day, forecast until Thursday.
Had my walk this morning, hash for breakfast, and now debating if I should go to Beachy Head or someplace else, couple of snaps taken today.

signman

#1649 by Deleted User , Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:45 am

Good pics.......I have gone off gulls.In St Ives they would swipe the food out of your hand,nasty.

Morning all.sun is shining in Lichfield and did anybody notice the moon last night?really shining brightly.

#1650 by mikejee , Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:13 am

Could be worse Denise. they could give it back to you (so to speak) on your head.
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor