Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1606 by astoness , Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:56 am

lol denise...i like the wake up hammer...its good to be back with you all and i will have to spend some time reading the posts to see what ive missed...

well the sun is out at the min but the sky is looking a bit dodgy...managed to cut the grass yesterday as it was looking like a jungle...

lyn..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1607 by Sheldonboy , Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:02 am

Morning Lyn, What else are you doing today.
I'm just orf to the Shrine of the Holy Sausage, quick trip around the market. Off to Church later as I said earlier. Then this evening off to Digbeth in the Field Church to an old time Music hall. (Phil and John would remember those, you are far too young of course.). SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1608 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:06 am

Morning all,
SB I never went to and still can't stand old time music hall.
I did go to Digbeth in the Field club when it was run by a vicar called Else.

signman

#1609 by astoness , Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:12 am

morning SB..i aint that young.[Funny]..always fancied this old time music hall thingy..have a good time..well im not too sure at the min what im doing..as i said yesterday i may just jump the 33 and then the numb 8 and take a stroll down the old end...although villa st is no longer there which annoys me greatly the surrounding streets that i played in as a kid are...just brings back happy memories for me and in a strange way i find going there a great comfort...well it work for me anyway...

lyn[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1610 by Sheldonboy , Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:07 am

You just do what's good for you kiddo, mind you if you get on that 33 bus you may be seen again, it goes on forever.[Silly Grin]

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1611 by astoness , Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:34 am

lol SB..i have just one problem with the 33...i have to get off at the bartons arms in newtown to jump the 8....very very tempting...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1612 by Deleted User , Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:57 am

Morning all.......heritage weekend here in Lichfield so lots to do and see.

#1613 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:06 am

Morning again,
Sunny bright day here so far,had my walk and a bacon sarnie and 2 coffees at the beach cafe, took a few snaps, here's a couple.
Lyn do whatever your fancy takes you, go in the Bartons and have a few jars, but I won't be able to carry you home.

signman

#1614 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:09 am

Latest trend in Brighton, open invitation to vandals I would imagine, why is it always alcohol firms that do this sort of thing.

signman

#1615 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:15 pm

John

All closed in like that I would have thought they were more than an invitation to vandals. I would have thought they would be put to more use than phone calls or vandalism. Then there is the other use that they are put to. I rarely use a phone box but every one I have used smelled like a urinal.

Perhaps this is the idea, a saving in supplying public loos, as they are fast becoming a thing of the past. So as phones become less and less needed because of mobiles they are thinking of a secondary use.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1616 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Phil,
there are now no public toilets in Brighton apart from a couple on the seafront 20p and the ones on the pier, every pub in Brighton has a sign in the window or door, toilets for customers only.
We get people coming in all the time and asking to use them, we don't mind that, it's the ignorant people who just walk in use them and just walk out again, it does my head in.

signman

#1617 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 pm

John

It's the same everywhere now, they closed the public toilets in Solihull's Mell Square some time back (I suppose because there were new ones in Touchwood) But they had re-open them after a public uproar. I have to be honest and say that I don't know if they are still open.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1618 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:28 pm

I've just watched the program about Cardinal Newman.
What puzzles me is that all these so called miracles only happen to people with religious connections or convictions,(maybe I should get religion).

signman

#1619 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 am

Just had my morning stroll, lovely and sunny here, very mild, couple of snaps, I could make a fortune printing these off, and a couple of beautiful
art deco bedside tables £1995 the pair, if only Ihad the right setting I would snap these up, but it would cost me too much to do all the rest of the decor to go with them.

signman

#1620 by Deleted User , Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:28 am

They are lovely John but what a price.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor