Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#7846 by astoness , Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:49 pm

hello all...hope you have had a good day..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#7847 by Deleted User , Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Hello all,been shopping,doing some washing and got some tickets for Radio Four's any questions to be recorded here in January.

The BBC Christmas service will be filmed here on Christmas morning .Doubt I will go as I pefer the midnight mass and they are expecting big crowds.Not my scene really....big crowds.

#7848 by mollymandysb , Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:12 pm

denise, do you live in lichfield?

i went to lichfield the other week and talking of market s, i know its not a christmas market, but they have a lovely market in the square. one of the veg shops in the high street (I presume it was the high street) had really fresh produce and quite reasonably priced, must have been local produce.

phil,

not sure about the cake shop inthe high street, i can only recollect santander, milletts and the mountain warehouse, a pound shop, a pet shop and of course there is the little shopping centre. nice drive out tho.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#7849 by Sheldonboy , Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Posted by mollymandysb
thanks Lynn, will have a practice with the hammers, he needs one sometimes. lol
yes, phil there are two lovely tea rooms selling home made cakes, one in the market square, a bit pricey, then if you walk down to the bottom of the high street, before you get to the river bridge to your right is an alleyway, at the bottom is a lovely tea shop, i usually have a cup of coffee and a slice of cake for £1.99. not too bad.

yes, i hope the baby comes after christmas. last year was matthew's first christmas, both he and his dad (my son) had a sickness bug. they had to take one of his trikes back because, yes, he was sick in it and it would not work. never any easy time to have a december baby, much better in the spring or summer, but these things do happen. i have matthew every wednesday so my daughter in law can have a rest, altho she has been rushing about doing things. we go to soft play, which is a bit like coconut island, but run by the council so is £1.50 for 1 1/2 hrs including a drink and biscuits.

have a good day all, it raining here and very damp and miserable.

steph

I take you two have now finished discussing by Battering potential

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#7850 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:56 pm

I have an old german oil lamp, whilst researching information, I came across this site, very interesting for us brummies.

http://www.oldcopper.org/birmingham_brass.htm

signman

#7851 by Sheldonboy , Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks John, looks interesting I'll have a look when I get home.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7852 by Frothy , Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy

Posted by mikejee
John
It's just that it is reasonable and expected that most sensible people don't think much of the royal family, like not liking rain or thunder , or the conservative party

If I have read that correctly It's offensive.

Being a bit of a Royalist, I do take offence to that remark

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#7853 by mikejee , Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 pm

It wasn't meant to cause you offence, and if we were referring to the queen, and possibly her two male grandsons, then I wouldn't have said it. As to the rest, then to me, at least, it fits

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#7854 by Frothy , Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Posted by mikejee
It wasn't meant to cause you offence, and if we were referring to the queen, and possibly her two male grandsons, then I wouldn't have said it. As to the rest, then to me, at least, it fits

Don't know what you're trying to say? Anyway nuff said.

Evening all.
Still don't like the German Market

Frothy

#7855 by Sheldonboy , Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Mike Most Sensible people have a choice in what they want to believe in and which paths they wish to follow. Yes our system is largely Historical and Traditional, but thank God we don't follow a Republican system with the thieving idiots we have had and indeed the brainless Eurominded fools we have in power at present it's a wonder we are not all starving. Who knows we may be soon enough.
Maybe our Royal Family is not supported by everyone, their choice. But remember this The Queen is not there for the power that she has. The Queen is there for the power that she denies anyone else. Most of us disagree with many things on this Forum and elsewhere I think it would be sensible for us all to respect the views of everyone. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7856 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:25 pm

I can't see what is disrespectful about saying that most people don't give royalty in this country a second thought. The only time I ever think about royalty is if someone else mentions them.

As for other people liking them as far as I am concerned that is their business, just as long as like religion, they don't try to convert me to their way of thinking or stop me voicing my opinion.

Phil

phil

#7857 by Deleted User , Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Steph......the market is not a bad little market and some of the shops are good.A lot have closed so sign of the times.Past times and Poundland have opened.Lots of interesting History.

Royal Family....if we did not spend the money on them it would only be something else.

Tory party......not for me thanks.

Have I forgot anything LOL

#7858 by Deleted User , Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Phil........I don't mind anyone having an opinion but I think sometimes opinions are written in such a way they are bound to insult or even be hurtful.

Think we should all give each other a little consideration and think before we hit the keyboard.

I come onto here to relax and check in with my forum mates so cheers to you all.

#7859 by Frothy , Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Posted by denise
Phil........I don't mind anyone having an opinion but I think sometimes opinions are written in such a way they are bound to insult or even be hurtful.

Think we should all give each other a little consideration and think before we hit the keyboard.

I come onto here to relax and check in with my forum mates so cheers to you all.

Well said Denise

Frothy

#7860 by Sheldonboy , Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Ok we have all had a say, thanks to everyone now I suggest we close this one at least for now.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor