Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#586 by astoness , Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Posted by phil
Good Afternoon Each

I think I'm going potty, I could have swore I posted a message this morning saying that I had got a busy day on today and I would be in and out all day. You see thats what happens when you get old.

Phil

yer not getting old phil..just forgetfull like me...[Laugh Out Loud]

den..ive just parcelled up to send to my daughter in usa..will post it tomorrow...

oops sorry...evening all....[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#587 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Good evening everyone.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#588 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:13 pm

No one else about. Goodnight.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#589 by Deleted User , Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Evening all an uneventful day apart from the AA trying to take money out my bank they were not supposed to,had a job sorting that out.

I have been with the AA eleven years and up until last year had a good service.They once rescued me from a remote part of wales and also one Christmas night.

They sent me a free map on our tenth anniversary LOL

Anyway late last year had trouble with my tyres rang up the AA and he never offered me relay which I pay for,had to leave my car at mums go home on the train and my son went next day and sorted it out.Now this,I have cancelled my membership as I am not happy with the turn they have taken,suppose it will have to be the RAC.

#590 by Voltman , Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 am

I think they are all the same Denise.
They used to be clubs with members and their own fleets of mechanics, now they operate like insurance companies, they still have a presence on the road but I believe they also contract jobs out which is what national breakdown always did.
VM

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#591 by Deleted User , Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 am

Yes sad to go from them Mike but I feel really fed up with them lately.

I was in the middle of wales so remote and they sent out the local boys(elderly gent)and boy was I glad to see him.Leaving my Daughter's house one Christmas night we broke down and they come very quickly and he was a lovely guy who helped us.However the people that run the show now on the phones are not the same,when I complained about not getting the right service last time I just had a polite letter apolagising,nothing to make up for the lack of service.You can only vote with your feet.

Did anybody see the inside out prog last night,they were talking about KING KONG who used to be a Brummie lad standing in the Bull Ring,he went to scotland but now lives in the Lake District.He looked a sad sight on his back in a car park,Brummies want to buy him back but the owner will not sell.

#592 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:38 am

Denise

I've tried the AA & the RAC both were found lacking as far as I am concerned. I found the charges excessive and the response time poor. I am no fool when it comes to car breakdown causes and if I tell the operator that a roadside response unit is no good and the car will need transporting to a recommended garage or back to my home address then that is what it will need. The trouble is they still insist on sending a van, so after waiting 90 minutes for that you then have to wait again for a lift truck.

I found that the smaller outfits do a better job, because they get local people to come out to you, and I found it much quicker. They might not have smart uniforms and liveried vans, but they are just as good.

Right I've had my moan, good morning all.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#593 by Deleted User , Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Well I am Babysitting tomorrow,will have to be up with the lark and looking after the little one as he is off school with a high temp.

Means got to spend all day watching Toy story and Thomas the Tank,the things you do for love

#594 by Voltman , Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:32 pm

You could do a lot worse than Toy Story, probably the best and most physically realistic animation ever made.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#595 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Denise

If the little on is anything like ours then he would probably enjoy something like "Saw" than Toy Story.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#596 by Voltman , Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:00 pm

would that be the 2004 movie Saw?
Directed by James Wan. Starring Leigh Whannell, Cary Elwes, Danny Glover. With a dead body laying between them, two men wake up in the secure lair of a serial killer who's been nicknamed "Jigsaw" by the police.
What a kid.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#597 by Voltman , Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 pm

For you Cat lovers only...... http://www.simonscat.com/films.html
It's so funny but you have to understand Cats to see it.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#598 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Volty

Never having saw the film, I can only guess that it is the one you describe, but at sound a bit tame for my grandson who is after all getting on for 18 months of age.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#599 by Deleted User , Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Yes we all went to see Toy story at the pictures and the little en has got the DVD,I must admit it was very good .

#600 by astoness , Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:41 am

[Big Smile]morning all...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor