Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3406 by Voltman , Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Phil, I think you go too far. Exceedingly amusing, but too far all the same.

Destruction is all very well on a demolition site but not the thing to practise at home.
The woman is what religious people would call a saint. She keeps you on the "straight and narrow" and other such clichés. You chose her from from a very short list, she chose you from a thousand suitors, I hope you were a good choice.
You might show your appreciation by showing her some respect in this place, we all know she deserves it.
VM

I hate unfinished sente
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 06.04.2012 | Top

#3407 by Voltman , Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:55 am

Posted by signman
Edited..
Graham, Druckers, a name from the past, Andre Drucker opened his first cafe in Aston Street in the late 50's, we did his sign ,it was a dark dinghy student type place with some of his paintings on the walls.
He then came into our studio in Stafford Street and asked us to do a sign for his new place in Carrs Lane he named this one FIREBIRD.
He was an Austrian artist and a very nice man, even then his cakes were out of this world.

This is just the sort of thing I like this site for, I wouldn't dream of looking this up but find it fascinating when history proves to be intiated at home.

I hate unfinished sente

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3408 by Voltman , Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:01 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
Edited... Came back home and off up town we had lunch in a nice little Portugese restaurant we use regularly.

So SB, where is this restaurant and what is it called?
Please don't say Nando's.

I hate unfinished sente

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3409 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:50 am

Morning all,wet,windy and a lot cooler today thankfully.
Thanks Volty,I could tell quite a few tales of Druckers,even when he was in Aston Street opposite the fire station row of shops his coffee was
1/6 (7.5 in new money) and his fabulous chocolate,cream filled decadent cakes started at 3 shillings.
If you want to read a bit more about him here's a link,what an amazing life he's led.
And the man himself,regarded now as a brummie.

http://www.spaghettigazetti.com/2009/04/...to-west_21.html

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman
Last edited Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:10 am | Top

#3410 by astoness , Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 am

morning john...thanks for that link on andre drucker...most interesting...its bit brighter and no rain here in brum...so far...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3411 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:55 am

Posted by Voltman

Posted by Sheldonboy
Edited... Came back home and off up town we had lunch in a nice little Portugese restaurant we use regularly.

So SB, where is this restaurant and what is it called?
Please don't say Nando's.

No mate not Nando's, I didn't know that was Portugese. this one is called Nata. It's a tiny Bistro in the Arcade opposite Rackhams that runs down to Martineau Square (I think that's what it's called).

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3412 by astoness , Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:06 am

SB..are you still using the bully cafe...silly question i surpose...[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3413 by astoness , Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:23 am

the sun has just come out..[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3414 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:33 am

Yes the Sun has come out. boyoboy

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3415 by astoness , Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 am

everything crossed it stays that way SB..especially as it the lord mayors show today..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3416 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 am

Yes we are off to the Lord Mayors show. It's a pity our bone idle Council can't get off it's backside and keep their website updated. I was looking for their what's on section and it wasn't there. I had more luck with Birmingham Alabama and what a great site they have. An awfol lot of people use the internet for information like this these days instead of the papers and don't forget we only have the dying Birmingham Mail to go by. It's a sad shame not use such a great resource. These events would be far better attended.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 06.04.2012 | Top

#3417 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:37 am

Good Morning All

Yes it looks like the start of a nice day, but only time will tell. I hope for all those who have planned events that it stays nice.

phil

#3418 by astoness , Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 am

morning phil..well ive got one eye on me lawn mower and the other on the weather...if it stays dry till about lunch time i really need to cut the grass..wont be able to get through it if i have to leave it much longer...do you have any plans for today..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3419 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:48 am

Morning Astwood

As I told Lyn the other day, I plan to do as little as possible during the BH I did what I wanted to do last weekend. I suppose one of the benefits of being retired (and there are not many) is that we can do things when places are less crowded.

phil
Last edited Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:48 am | Top

#3420 by astoness , Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:52 am

Posted by phil
Morning Astwood

As I told Lyn the other day, I plan to do as little as possible during the BH I did what I wanted to do last weekend. I suppose one of the benefits of being retired (and there are not many) is that we can do things when places are less crowded.

have i missed a post phil...astwood hasnt been online yet...[Little LOL] well i dont this so anyway..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor