Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3316 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 am

Thats a clever car Volty, can it tell me who is going to win the 3.40 at Ayr today?

phil

#3317 by astwood , Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 am

Morning All
another sunny morning I think i will go to the pub before the rain starts

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#3318 by astoness , Wed May 30, 2012 4:46 pm

evening all...not been feeling too good the past fews days....bit better now though....just started raining here..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3319 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed May 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi Lyn

Glad you are feeling better, yes the sky just opened here for a downpour and it's gone dark. So I suppose there is a good chance of thunder following.

phil

#3320 by astoness , Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 pm

thanks phil....had no thunder here but plenty of rain which has cooled it down...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3321 by lynne webb , Wed May 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Volty, thanks for the link for the Railway Museum, we're trying to find places to take the grandkids and we are mainly limitted to public transport so that seems ideal.
Lynne

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#3322 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed May 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Lynne

You can either get the 37 bus from town and it will drop you outside, or the train from Moor St to Tyseley station then just turn right and down the hill and you are there.

phil

#3323 by lynne webb , Wed May 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks Phil I'll jot that down, we are trying to find something different, we've done Sarehole Mill and places like that and dont want Drayton Manor or the like..

lynne webb

#3324 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Lynne

Have you tried Sheldon Heath Park over by SB. It has got some nice walks and play areas for children. A little farm area with pigs and sheep, horses and cattle, ducks and chickens etc for the children and a nice little cheap café. The best thing of all it is free. You could continue on over there after the railway workshop.

phil

#3325 by lynne webb , Wed May 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Phil my one daughters in laws live in Sheldon, so I think half of my grandkids have been to the farm, but this is the other daughters children so I'm putting that on the list, the little one is only 4 and loves Big Barn Farm so that would be great for her. If you think of anywhere else let me know please.. Thanks.
Lynne.

lynne webb

#3326 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed May 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Lynne

There is always the nature centre at Cannon Hill Park, it's not a bad afternoon out for kiddies. It's pretty cheap there I think about £4 for adults and £1.50 for kids. Under 5's are free. Then theres always the park itself afterwards.

phil

#3327 by Sheldonboy , Wed May 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Posted by phil
Lynne

Have you tried Sheldon Heath Park over by SB. It has got some nice walks and play areas for children. A little farm area with pigs and sheep, horses and cattle, ducks and chickens etc for the children and a nice little cheap café. The best thing of all it is free. You could continue on over there after the railway workshop.

Evening all, Lyn what you are looking for is Sheldon Country Park, comming from the Swan out towards the Airport, left at the Wheatsheaf traffiic lights. Loook for a Church (St Giles) on the right hand side. turn right into the lane on the right hand side of the church and this will take you down to a car park the farm is on the right hand side. There are animals and a nice tea shop. SB

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3328 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed May 30, 2012 9:19 pm

SB

Being honest about the café, they do a good sandwich and the other snacks are not bad, but I wish they would do something about the coffee. I've had to throw it away the last couple of times we've been there. I suppose the main thing is they are cheap enough and they don't rip you off like some of the places

phil

#3329 by Voltman , Thu May 31, 2012 1:21 am

Posted by phil
Thats a clever car Volty, can it tell me who is going to win the 3.40 at Ayr today?

Phil, after much interrogation my car still maintains that there was no winner at Ayre at any time on Thursday.
Make of that what you will.

I hate unfinished sente

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3330 by Voltman , Thu May 31, 2012 1:21 am

Posted by phil

Phil, after much interrogation my car still maintains that there was no winner at Ayre at any time on Thursday.
Make of that what you will.

I hate unfinished sente

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor