Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3271 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 6:55 am

Morning all,still in your pits.
Another horrible,hot ,health hazard day,Ha ha.
I've done work at both the Severn Valley and Tyseley,my late friend Derek Harrison,(he of the Snow Hill books fame) was always getting me work
lining the carriages and tenders,in the old days if you were working there and known to the mainly volunteer staff you could more or less go where you liked within reason.

signman

#3272 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 7:59 am

Morning All

Yes its looks like its going to be a scorcher today. I wonder if this weather will last through to the bank holiday?

Phil

phil

#3273 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 8:04 am

Morning Phil, I hope not.

signman

#3274 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 8:41 am

Morning John

You only hope not because you don't want thousands of Brummies blocking your streets up, although I would think your main problem would be with Cockneys.

phil

#3275 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 8:53 am

Phil, you are so right,yesterday was manic,last day of the festival,wall to wall sunshine,thousands of visitors,mainly from London as you say
and everywhere packed to the hilt.
I'm no spoil sport,but roll on the winter,apart from this weather does me in it is nice and quiet.
We were absolutely mobbed in the Waggon yesterday,I finished my job in Rottingdean and by the time I got back to the Waggon I could hardly get in the door,and outside there was not a seat to be had (150) we did over 100 burgers and fries,and these are home made real steak burgers at £8.50 a time.
Wish I was in Alaska.

signman

#3276 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 9:24 am

John

Just think of all the lovely money they bring with them and it doesn't seem half as bad.

phil

#3277 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 9:25 am

I don't get any.

signman

#3278 by Voltman , Sun May 27, 2012 9:28 am

Yes you do Signman, trickle down.
The source of wealth in your area is those pesky visitors.

You and I should use anendlessstreamofvowelsandconsonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of
well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3279 by astwood , Sun May 27, 2012 11:15 am

Morning All
Another scorcher again but they say its going to rain later in the week

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#3280 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 11:44 am

Lets face it John, Brighton Council shouldn't have any trouble balancing the books. I can't see the rate being anywhere as much as what we pay in the West Midlands.

phil

#3281 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 3:08 pm

It does not benefit me in any way so ever, £4.50 average pint, £6.00 breakfast, £160 per week average 1 bedroom flat,where do I benefit.

signman

#3282 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Haven't you ever tried for a rate or rent rebate John? I don't think they give beer on prescription yet, though you never know these days whats around the corner.

phil

#3283 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon May 28, 2012 5:25 am

Morning, off to work.
Phil, that is with a rebate.

signman

#3284 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon May 28, 2012 8:23 am

Morning all

Looks nice at the moment, but a chance of thunderstorms have been fore-casted.

John if I were a free agent such as yourself I would be looking for a cheaper place to live. How did you end up in Brighton anyway?

phil

#3285 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon May 28, 2012 9:17 am

Thunderstorms forecast this afternoon,will freshen the air up thankfully.
Phil, I came down to Brighton to run the Waggon for 4 years,got rid of the 5th missus,gave 3 houses away and decided Iwanted the easy life after fighting the clock for 30 years working to deadlines.
So I never went back, I can't be bothered now to move.

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2011

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor