Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3166 by astoness , Sun May 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Posted by signman
Lyn, that's where he's taking her.

john he told me he was taking jo somewhere fancy...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3167 by lynne webb , Sun May 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Congrats, SB and Jo, I hope you are having a great day.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#3168 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, yes Jo realises she is very lucky. Had a really nice day, started off vaccing the pond and cleaning the filter. Lateer wwe went for a nice three course meal at the Westley Hotel Acocks green. Then I came home and slept it off. What a nice day.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3169 by astoness , Sun May 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
Thanks everyone for your good wishes, yes Jo realises she is very lucky. Had a really nice day, started off vaccing the pond and cleaning the filter. Lateer wwe went for a nice three course meal at the Westley Hotel Acocks green. Then I came home and slept it off. What a nice day.

good day all round then SB[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3170 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 20, 2012 7:48 pm

I think so Lyn thanks

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3171 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 pm

SB

Glad you had a nice time, What's it like in the Westley since it came under the "Best Western" banner. I haven't been in there for years. I used to use the bar quite regular, but after an incident with my mate Alf one night we stopped using it.

The problem was as nice as it was in there they allowed the ladder gangs to use it, well we went in one night had a drink and sat down and Alf got a bit piece of bitumen stuck to his brand new suit. To say that he wasn't happy was putting it mildly. They offered to pay for his suit to be cleaned and apologised and said that they had plans in the offing to stop the ladder gangs using the bar.

The next time we called in there we discovered what those plans were. They had doubled the price of the beer. We had one drink and left although I continued to eat there occasionally I never used the bar again.

Phil

phil

#3172 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Phil we were in The Westley Hotel for Christmas Day lunch, a few years ago it was really very good. Returning there today we found it had hardly changed. The food was pretty good and more than acceptable. We would certainly go back again. The starters and sweets were top class. The main course was a very nice carvery.
Your story of the Ladder Gangs struck a raw nerve. We had a lot of trouble with them in the seventies. I will PM the names I think you may have known them.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3173 by Deleted User , Sun May 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Happy day Jo and Graham.

Just seen the preview of chelsea.The Birmingham boys and girls have created a great stand,including ideas creatd around the town hall the bull ring and the canal.

#3174 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi Denise, good evening

SB

I looked at the names you sent, no I don't know any of them, but I tended to stay away from the houses they used such as the Maggies, the Moonraker and the Hollies.

Phil

phil

#3175 by Voltman , Mon May 21, 2012 12:27 am

A libyan terrorist has died but my celebration is short lived......a well loved name in music, Robin Gibb, has also gone.

You and I should use anendlessstreamofvowelsandconsonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of
well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3176 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2012 6:14 am

Morning all,
As old as I am I've never heard the expression "ladder gangs", I imagine they are roofers.
The Bee Gees never appealed to me, but like volty says another one gone.
Balls to the Libyan.

signman

#3177 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2012 8:18 am

John

Yes we were talking about roofers, Birmingham had an explosion of them in the 70's. One or two did good work but most of then were cowboys who's only aim in life was to rip off as many people as they could. For some reason the pubs in Acocks Green seemed to get more than their fare share.

Shame about Robin Gibb, bit I think it was expected.

phil

#3178 by Voltman , Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 am

Good morning chaps.

Did some people overdo things a bit yesterday? Where are the early birds?
Only Signman made it this morning.

You and I should use anendlessstreamofvowelsandconsonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of
well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3179 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2012 8:59 am

I was here before 8.20, thats practically the middle of the night for me

phil

#3180 by Voltman , Mon May 21, 2012 9:33 am

I did notice you were early Phil, I just wasn't about to highlight your aberration in public.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor