Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3121 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 18, 2012 6:14 pm

I don't know a thing about football, but I would ask the question why do all football managers have to be ex players? Why not leave the managing up to those who put the money up, after all it's the coach's job to see that the team is up to scratch isn't it?

Surely the buying and selling of players is like any other commodity and all you need is good business sense and acumen. Lets face it, I'm sure that after seeing some of the mess made by the majority of these managers I think I could do just as well as them. In fact I'm certain I could make a mess of things.

phil

#3122 by astoness , Fri May 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Posted by phil
I don't know a thing about football, but I would ask the question why do all football managers have to be ex players? Why not leave the managing up to those who put the money up, after all it's the coach's job to see that the team is up to scratch isn't it?

Surely the buying and selling of players is like any other commodity and all you need is good business sense and acumen. Lets face it, I'm sure that after seeing some of the mess made by the majority of these managers I think I could do just as well as them. In fact I'm certain I could make a mess of things.

phil they dont all have to be ex players to become managers but you do need someone at the helm with a good knoweledge of the game of football..take man united and villa...both clubs are now owned by americans and birmingham city were taken over by the chinese..purely as a business and to try to make money...they know nothing of the game and wouldnt be able to spot a good player if it hit them in the face..thats the scouts job...to go round clubs in the divisions and if they spot a talented player they will then report back to the manager/coach of the team and they will try and buy the talent for their club...the american owners may know all there is to know about baseball but footie..never...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.18.2012 | Top

#3123 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Good evening everyone. Just got in, it's cold windy and raining.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3124 by Deleted User , Fri May 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Posted by signman
It's sunny and dry, a few drifting clouds.
Just had a phone call to say a good friend of mine died yesterday of pancreatic cancer,he was only in hospital a week.

So sorry John.I too had a friend that went with that cancer.

Mum has just lost a friend and we have just heard a friend of ours has not got long.

Stinking rotten thing it is.

#3125 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Hey SB

Have you ever been in that drive through chippy "Big Johns" on the corner of Cooks Lane. We went over to Water Orton today to get three rabbits (were having stew next week) and we called in there and I had Chicken & Chips the wife had Fish & chips and the granddaughter has some foreign muck. The wife ate some of hers, but most of mine went straight in the bin. Needless to say it was uneatable, I just wondered if you had ever tried it.

Phil

phil

#3126 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Evening Phil, no thankfully I have never tried Big Johns. It's too far from us anyway. The best chippy near us is Stella's at the Barrows Lane end of Garretts Green Lane.. It's been the best for years. Right by the St. Bernards Grange.
+

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3127 by Voltman , Sat May 19, 2012 12:16 am

Was known as The Greasy Chip in the old days of CB radio.
Originally it was Mick & Stella's but now it is just Stella's

You and I should use anendlessstreamofvowelsandconsonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of
well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3128 by Voltman , Sat May 19, 2012 12:23 am

Posted by phil

Phil, I also know nothing about football, and care even less, but I suspect that sensible business people, well equipped to manage a bunch of overpaid nancys, might find it dificult to fit into the gum chewing, spitting and shouting category of boss so favoured by the games real funders, the mugs who watch it.

You and I should use anendlessstreamofvowelsandconsonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of
well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3129 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2012 5:28 am

Morning.

signman

#3130 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2012 6:30 am

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9715395.B..._parking_fines/

Before you read the article,try and guess which Birmingham street has the highest no. of parking offenders, I was surprised.

signman

#3131 by astoness , Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 am

morning john....its raining again here in brum...looks like another day in for me today...dare say i can find something to do though....whats your plans...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3132 by Voltman , Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 am

Posted by signman
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9715395.Brighton_street_rakes_in_parking_fines/

Before you read the article,try and guess which Birmingham street has the highest no. of parking offenders, I was surprised.

Not as surprising as you think Signman. Have you been to Alum Rock lately?

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3133 by Deleted User , Sat May 19, 2012 9:04 am

Morning..doing some volunteering today.Having a spring fair at th museum...could be behind the desk or the teapot.Must admit the tearoom is not my fave task.Then again neither is the till.............prefer the garden best.Maybe get down the lottie later.

#3134 by astoness , Sat May 19, 2012 9:15 am

morning den..i can just imagine you behind a teapot...lol...have a good day and hope you get down the lottie...its still raining over this way so looks like a day in for me..mind you i have done all the planting in the back garden but the front needs sorting out now....[Frowning]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3135 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat May 19, 2012 11:05 am

Volty I would have thought Coventry Road or Stratford Road,never even thought of Alum Rock.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor