Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1366 by astoness , Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:00 pm

i just click on pic gallery top o the page SB...by the way how is that decking of yours going...should be finished now shouldnt it...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1367 by astoness , Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:11 pm

phil...have you not seen the 2 pub pics i posted for you....[Hammer Head Blue]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1368 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:21 pm

Lyn

I have just replied to you on them.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1369 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:50 am

Morning all,
Nice start to the day,probably have a heat wave now people have gone back to work.
As regards my bad news, not life threatening as I made it sound, my landlords are considering getting rid of all their properties (about 60 in total)
So that would mean me having to look for somewhere else to live, and if it does happen then I'll be coming back to Birmingham, it will be a huge upheaval but in a way it will be nice to be back in old Brum.

signman

#1370 by Frothy , Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:57 am

That will be hard John. If I'd moved to the coast there's no way I would be coming back.
Hope you get things sorted

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#1371 by Sheldonboy , Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:12 am

Sorry to hear about that John as much as I love Brum I would rather be moving away these days.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1372 by Sheldonboy , Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:30 am

Lyn I have your Angel pictures

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1373 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:27 am

John

That would be a big upheaval, could you not find another affordable property down there. As much as I love Birmingham I would not be looking forward to a move back unless it was to somewhere on the outskirts.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1374 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:40 am

Morning Phil, yes I know what you mean, but I've just about exhausted Brighton, there's nothing new for me anymore, I need a new horizon
and fresh pastures, it would be a major move what with broadband etc, but I've been assured nothing will happen until after Christmas.
The cost of property here is astronomical, a one bedroomed flat is £200 per week, the house I left to my ex in Kings Norton only a modest semi-detached has just been valued at £275,000, it would be double that down here, beach huts are £15,000-20,000.

signman

#1375 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:02 am

John

Well I suppose you would get a decent unfurnished house or flat in Birmingham for around the £100.p.w. mark but you would have to choose the location pretty carefully. If you do have to move back let me know, I might be able to put you on to an apartment in the Rotunda that would suit you down to the ground.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1376 by mikejee , Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:11 am

Sorry to hear about your news John. A move is always a big upheaval, especially if its over a distance. Mind you, the people a much more frendly up in brum . I say that as someone whe come soriginally from chichester , and now, unfortunately, lives in Reading. Birmingham or Yorkshire would be far better than "down south"

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#1377 by astoness , Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:34 pm

hi john..just read your news....well all i can say is if you do come back to yer homeland you will always be amongst friends...and we can then say[Welcome] back....

lyn[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1378 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
Spent the day in Arundel Castle and gardens, if you've never been to Arundel it's a must, set in the most stunning gardens I've ever seen.
At times you would swear you were in the far east,plants I've never seen and don't even know the names of, here's a couple of snaps to wet your appetite, they deserve to be in an album of their own, which I will do.
VM I forgot my polariser filter, but didn't need it such a glorious day, come back looking like a red indian.

signman

#1379 by Sheldonboy , Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:52 am

Angel pictures for Lyn

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1380 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:38 am

Morning all,
Another glorious day forecast and already looking very promising.
Took this yesterday, just to remind you all.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor