Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1021 by Deleted User , Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:10 am

Morning all..the bells will start soon so just enjoying the quiet.

I have just taken a cup of tea to Jim in bed as Sunday is the only chance he gets for a bit of spoiling.Only tea mind......don't want to get carried away LOL.

Well I had the emegency with me job,they could not find the till roll,was in town eating my lunch when the phone went,decided it was not that much of an emergency that I could not finish my lunch.Took an hour to find the rolls and another hour to get the thing in the machine.....and it won't print......darned thing.Failed already.[Help]

#1022 by astoness , Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:17 am

morning denise...ive seen folk struggle for ages with those till rolls.[Frowning]..the machine has prob run out of ink now...lol...damp here but the sun is trying to break through....oh the sun has just broken through[Skipping Happy]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1023 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:47 am

Posted by signman
Morning SB, didn't know you worked on Sundays, otherwise why up so early, take a leaf out of Phil's book and lie in until your wife has got up and made your breakfast for you, and if you've been good, you may get it in bed (BREAKFAST) I mean.

Sunday morning still means having it in bed, and I will take anything I am offered. But I am not capable of managing much these days. We are talking about breakfast are we not?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1024 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:50 am

What else can you talk about in bed.
Off down the Waggon for a couple of hours whilst my lamb is roasting.

signman

#1025 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:56 am

John

Now that is what I call being cruel. You could have said you were taking the dog for a walk and had the decency to lie to us who can no longer partake.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1026 by astoness , Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:13 am

right then all this talk of breakfast in bed and whatever else...think a [Hammers] is called for this morning to cool you all down...[Laugh Out Loud] sun is nicely out now....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1027 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Have just returned from the Waggon, having scoffed all the bar snacks which we do every Wed. and Sun. I am not hungry any more, that's the
only trouble, it ruins your appetite for Sunday lunch, especially after 10 pints of Fosters.
Before you say anything Phil, that's all I drink these days I can't stand real ale, it's like warm nat's pee, give me a cold drink any time.
We have 2 new girls behind the bar, gorgeous, but gay, I can't get my head round it.
Going to bed after I've had some ice cream and blueberries, bored out of my brains, beam me up scotty.

signman

#1028 by Sheldonboy , Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Tell you what John if I could drink 10 pints of fosters, I wouldn't get my head around anything.?

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1029 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:09 pm

John

I will never say a word about what beverage people drink, except some of this American gnats water. You would have to tie me down and force a "Bud" down my throat.

I am willing to excuse most drinks as I have never been an ale drinker and very rarely drank it. If I were in company I would drink a pint bottle of pale ale, or even Newcastle brown and at times 2 bottles of light ale when they stopped doing pint bottles.

It was always top shelf or wine for me, any spirit except gin and brandy, of course a good malt was always preferable but I wouldn't turn away any spirit. I have to say that I never found a pub that sold a good wine by the glass but if you knew the right people they would allow you to order your own in and just charge you corkage.

Such times I will never see again.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1030 by Sheldonboy , Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Point of order...Fosters is Australian...You never heard of the Amber Nectar.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1031 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:11 pm

SB

I never said a word against Fosters, in fact I have been known to sip an occasional tube myself. I won't say I'm keen though. I think we do a reasonable lager in this country. But the Americans are just having a laugh.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1032 by Frothy , Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Anyone who can drink Fosters is a brave man "UGH"

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#1033 by Sheldonboy , Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:21 pm

You are right Phil, but Beers from around the world are always worth trying. We are very lucky in this country to have so many local beers and Ales. it's a pity so many have dissapeared, but these days there are also some new ones. I must say I am not very good with Real Ales but on occasion I do try different ones at the Tinkers. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1034 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:30 pm

No I'm not a good candidate for CAMRA either. I can't see what all the fuss over flat beer is all about. I used to use a pub in Bristol years back around 64 in the Old Town they sold beer straight from the barrels. I only ever tried one pint. I drank bottled Guinness in there after that.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1035 by Sheldonboy , Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Beers are an acquired taste I agree, but I wouldn't put them down. Peoples taste are different and there is a great tradition in the brewing world. Don't forget in days gone by there was no plumbing and no coolers. Most brewing was done at home and later in pubs. It was only done in the first place to ensure that all water for drinking had been boiled. As was wine. This of course was done all over the world. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor