Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1036 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:25 pm

SB

I would have been the same had I been born 200 years ago. I never acquired a taste for ale or beer or stout, and I only drank that if I was in company. I preferred to drink on my own because that way no one else had to keep up with me.

There were companies that I could join in with that didn't feel slighted if I got an extra drink or two between rounds. If I told you that I could see a bottle to a bottle and a half of scotch off on a week night I wouldn't be bragging. I think if I smelt a bottle now I would fall over.

Yet the times that I have drank a good few pints like John did today, I have had no choice if I fell over or not. I just did. Perhaps this is why I steered clear of beer.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1037 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:37 am

Nevertheless the story of Beer and Brewing is an interesting one. Also not forgetting you interest in pubs, well they would have been in short supply without any beer Phil.
Facts such as there is no waste from beer, The Yeast multiplies itself 20 times and that is sold to go into food. The Natural gas that is given off in Brewing is Carbon Dioxide that is sold too. The solid waste that is left goes into animal feed. Now that lot is real recyling.
The Industry until recent times has been one of the Worlds biggest employers. John wouldn't have had so many signs to make. I would think he has done a pub or two.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1038 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:04 am

Morning SB, blimey I started something didn't I.
I have to do it all over again on Thursday, I have to represent the pub at an old boys funeral, Jim was one of our most loved customers.
Dull, dismal, and windy so far, how is it up in brummieland.

signman

#1039 by Frothy , Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:26 am

Morning John.
Not a cloud in the sky and the sun is just coming up, Lovely. Suppose it will change though

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#1040 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 am

SB, yes I've done a few pubs, apart from our own, this is the last one I did in Brighton, all to the customers brief I add, it's not my idea of a good exterior

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#1041 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:24 am

Good morning all, it's like being up in the middle of the night. I had a phone call at 7.a.m. this morning from the delivery firm that is delivering a new appliance. What a time to ring anybody, I thought the house was on fire.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1042 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:26 am

Morning Phil, take it you'll be going back to bed then, once it's delivered.

signman

#1043 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:37 am

John

One thing with me is, once I am up, I am up. There is no going back, I'll just be miserable all day and moan at the wife. So she will probably go and visit one of the kids and leave me to it.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1044 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:11 am

I am not a happy bunny, just had a phone call to say the delivery vehicle has broken down and they don't know what time they can get here. A likely story, so I was awoken at 7.a.m. for nothing.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1045 by Deleted User , Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:15 am

Not good Phil...............have a hammer for them [Hammer Head Yellow]

#1046 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:39 am

I have a constant aversion to delivery personnel, if they state AM they will arrive at 11.55. and if they state PM they will arrive at 5.55, that being their normal working day effectively keeping you indoors all day.

signman

#1047 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 am

Turned out nice again.
Had my morning constitutional, here's a couple of snaps, I call them ARTY FOTOGRAFS .

signman

#1048 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Very nice pictures John. Basic but very interesting SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1049 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:57 pm

I never told you did I, after waking me up at 7 o clock they rang back at 10.a.m. saying they had suffered a break down and would be late arriving. They turned up at 3.p.m. No I didn't give them a tip, which is very unusual for me.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:17 am | Top

#1050 by Deleted User , Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:31 am

Oh dear Phil....................

Morning all..........hope you are ok Lyn.

Murky morning .....so nice yesterday,oh well.

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2011

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor