Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#4606 by Deleted User , Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:02 am

I doubted I could go to the party as too much going on her but can't go anywhere now as I have another virus.This one is scaring me as I got so cold my teeth were chattering and it is affecting my breathing.Not had a teeth chatter since I was a kid.Have got some antibiotics
just hope they kick in soon.

#4607 by Deleted User , Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:14 am

There is a factory in Essex which makes the Tickle Me Elmo toys. The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms.

Well, Shelly is hired at The Tickle Me Elmo factory and she reports for her first day promptly at 8:00 am

The next day at 8:45 am there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's door. The Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new employee.
He complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is backing up, putting the entire production line behind schedule.

The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for himself, so the 2 men march down to the factory floor. When they get there the line is so backed up that there are Tickle Me Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really beginning to pile up.

At the end of the line stands Shelly surrounded by mountains of Tickle Me Elmo's. She has a roll of plush Red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles.

The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little package between Elmo's legs.

The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter. After several minutes of hysterics he pulls himself together and approaches Shelly .

'I'm sorry,' he says to her, barely able to keep a straight face, 'but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday...'

'Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles.

#4608 by astoness , Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:14 am

hi den...hope you are feeling better soon and thanks im sure those that can get there will have a good time..we will post some piccies for you....must get dressed now..im running late as usual...[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#4609 by Voltman , Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:21 am

Nice joke Denise.
[Laugh Out Loud]

Bah Humbug.
Merry Christmas
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#4610 by berniew , Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 am

Hope yu all have a great time don't forget the thermals . You might need Rudolph and his mob the way its going . I don't know which end of Summer Lane your headed for but the Constitution Hill end isn,t far from Snow Hill I think the trains may be more reliable than the buses . Nice joke Denise and get well soon .ps don't forget no one is to snowball Lyn

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#4611 by Sheldonboy , Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:09 am

We couldn't get to Harborne. Hagley road so bad had to turn round. Don't think we'll make party.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 12.18.2010 | Top

#4612 by Voltman , Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:10 am

I think I will be going by taxi or not at all. Public transport is going to involve a lot of walking for me.
Are you still going to the Crown for your Sparky get together Bernie?

Bah Humbug.
Merry Christmas

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#4613 by Voltman , Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:11 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
We couldn't get to Harborne. Hagley road so bad had to turn round. Don't think we'll make party.

So where are you heading now then SB?

Bah Humbug.
Merry Christmas

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#4614 by berniew , Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:18 am

So far Volty but I'm waiting for phone calls to make sure other people still going . This snow plays havoc with zimmer frames, I will go by train

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#4615 by Voltman , Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:21 am

[Little LOL]
Zimmer frames...I'm glad some of us get to live that long, or do we just need them young? I should probably have one today the way my legs ache.
The snow in Yardley in still falling, we have about 2" now.

Bah Humbug.
Merry Christmas

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#4616 by Voltman , Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:04 pm

I am properly concerned as to how I would get back home in 4 hours time now, I have spoken to someone in town and there is a massive amount of snow coming down.

Bah Humbug.
Merry Christmas

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#4617 by astoness , Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:24 pm

evening all...SB..volty and john so sorry that you could not make the bash...so pleased to meet you though phil..[Big Smile] it was quite understandable that only a quarter of those who where coming actually made it..i really can't recall the last time ive seen so much snow before jan or feb..my sister who lives in west heath said the buses were being taken off there at dinner time and in kingstanding they are being diverted and I've heard they are also now being taken off in some cases..thing is that this heavy fall was not forecast for brum.just light they said[Hammer Head Yellow]..this is the last time I organise a December do I can tell you...[Lyn]

den I hope you are feeling a bit better today...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#4618 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Lyn

The trouble is, we all seem to forget that feet were invented before wheels. I found the the walk back from Newtown to Solihull invigorating if not to say sobering. I had a nice afternoon in some charming company, and as long as you don't tell the wife what I was drinking I will continue to say the same.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4619 by astoness , Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:02 pm

oh phil..you didnt really walk did you...well im just glad you got back ok it was so good to meet you at last..maybe we can all get together in the new year...no date given as i wouldnt want to tempt fate but worth bearing in mind...oh thanks for the brandy and babycham first one ive had in many a year...wouldnt mind but i only asked for a shandy...really enjoyed it..a bit too much i fear...[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#4620 by astoness , Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Posted by phil
Lyn

The trouble is, we all seem to forget that feet were invented before wheels. I found the the walk back from Newtown to Solihull invigorating if not to say sobering. I had a nice afternoon in some charming company, and as long as you don't tell the wife what I was drinking I will continue to say the same.

Phil

what wife phil......[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor