Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#346 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 am

Can't wait to see that Lyn, knowing you it should be interesting.
I would like to do more of that sort of thing on the site, but living down here I'm limited until I come to Birmingham every now and then,
which is going to be in August when I get the dates of the gay pride party, I'm definately leaving town then.

signman
Last edited Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:44 am | Top

#347 by astoness , Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:01 am

john.ive been thinking again now dont raise the eyebrows.lol..as one or two of you know over the past 3 years or so i have been out and about with me camera taking pics of buildings that are still standing but also a lot that were under threat of demolision or in the throws of it that to mind mind needed photographing before being swept away...some quite dangerous missions for a person of my age lol...i have them all on file and although it would take me an age to do i may just start up a new board purely for this topic...some of you may have seen these before but as this forum is quite new it would be good to grab the attention of new members...just a thought..

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#348 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:04 am

Good idea Lyn, why not start a photo gallery, unless Phil has another idea.

signman

#349 by astoness , Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:23 am

not quite sure john.. i may just wack them under the all things birmingham board giving them different heading as i go along... will give it some thought and get cracking later....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#350 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:10 am

Hi Lyn

This is just the sort of thing to go under the Topography banner. You can start a new thread called endangered buildings or something along that line.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#351 by astoness , Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:36 am

oops..i jumped me fences again phil..just noticed the topograpy banner...yes i agree thats a good place for my pics so if possible could you please move the round house ones i have already posted to that section with its own seperate title...

cheers phil...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#352 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:40 am

Lyn

You haven't jumped any gun, I just thought that people with an interest in Birmingham's buildings would have more chance of seeing it there. I will see what I can do about moving It. I might also move your thread voicing your concern about the fire station there as well.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#353 by astoness , Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:29 pm

thanks phil....will be moving on tomorrow to the crocodile works but i need to spend more time on that one deciding which pics to post and in the correct order....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#354 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:49 pm

I have to say how happy I am to see everyone chatting with each other more, and getting on with their own projects and threads. Whilst I have nothing against the games section and I enjoy using it we don't want it taking over the site. Lets face it games are the only thing that keep a lot of forums going, but we should try to do other things as well.

As SB & myself have often said this forum belongs to you and is provided for whatever you want to do. Providing you keep within the framework and rules of the forum please do as you wish.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#355 by astoness , Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:13 pm

phil...must be honest here and say that i have never been a great one for the games etc but since giving it a go it has been a good way for me to get to know members and feel at ease with thus spuring me on to post and start other topics and being an early riser the first thing i do now is log on to BT and can almost guarantee there will be someone here to say good morning to...if there isnt i just go back to bed and sulk...

lyn..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#356 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 pm

The first thing I do Lyn before logging on is brew the coffee, have to get your priorities right.

signman

#357 by astoness , Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:40 pm

sorry john..i should have said that i go downstairs first..put the kettle on..rush back up and turn on me lap top..back down to make the tea then back up with said tea then i log on lol...need another sleep after all that..

had a few showers here today but dry at the moment...whats brighton like today...??

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#358 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:44 pm

I've just got back from Eastbourne where it was nice and sunny, got back to Brighton just in time for a little shower ,stopped now, they are still digging in the house of horrors, tv camera outside and a woman being interviewed on camera, may be on the news.

signman

#359 by astoness , Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:47 pm

the sun was trying to come out here earlier john but its gone back in now...ive been following the brighton story on tv...will catch up with it tonight...bet you are looking forward to your brum trip next month...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#360 by astoness , Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm

oh dear...looks like ive been naughty...ive lost me founder member status....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor