Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#301 by astoness , Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:54 pm

dont worry about it too much voltly you have already done great with the smilies..ive only just noticed that this one has MY name under it[Lyn]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#302 by Voltman , Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Well Signman did make it specially for you, Astoness.

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#303 by astoness , Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 pm

i had forgotton all about it volty so i shall be having words with john later..... only joking its an honour....i think....lol

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#304 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:04 am

We have had rain overnight, much needed, but stopped now.
Lyn go easy with me I'm delicate ha ha.

signman

#305 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:25 am

A good likeness I heard.

Just started raining here in the Bully.

Please spread the word about Brummies Talking
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 07.12.2010 | Top

#306 by astoness , Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 pm

hi everyone...cant beleive you are that delicate john...lol....woke up a right downpour this morning and its still raining now...must say i am happy about it as me lawn is almost wrecked and i have the dickens of a job keeping the gardens watered...denise is the festival on all week or was it just for the weekend... oh this is for you SB for your last comment....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#307 by Deleted User , Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 pm

#308 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Afternoon Lyn,
Warm fine rain here, lovely to walk in, have just been to the shops, and made a huge cottage pie, have to get my strength up, in case you give me a beating ha ha.

signman

#309 by Deleted User , Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Hmmm nave noticed Lyn very keen on

Think we had better behave ourselves LOL

#310 by astoness , Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:03 pm

thanks for the link denise will take a look later on...ive always been keen on the use of a hammer as its the only way to keep some of the lads in line......enjoy the cottage pie john....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#311 by astoness , Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:20 pm

thought i would just call in...i am off now to tackle a job i have been putting off for ages....really must put all the pics i have collected over the past 3 months into the appropriate folders as i am now getting in a right old mess...phil you will most likely know what i a talking about

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#312 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Lyn

What irritates me most is double entries, when I find I have the same photo twice. Not the same location which I don't mind but exactly the same photo. This I don't really find out until I rename them and go to file them away. then I get "there is already a file with that name"

Lyn I hope you back up you files often, because it's heartbreaking to loose a few thousand photos. I keep mine on backed up on a separate drive in a caddie, and I back it up every week as I add at least 25 photos a day every day.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#313 by astoness , Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:20 pm

evening phil..i dont back them up on a hard drive i just copy them to a disc every month or so..gosh i dont know what i would do if i lost them all as although my memory for ones i have is good its not that good lol...i would never be able to replace them all....just want to thank you again phil as it was thanks to you about two and a half year back that i started collecting old pics...dont know if you remember but i put out a request for any pics of villa street and you came up with the very old black and white one...that was my very first of many i now have of brum but it will always mean the most to me....well that and the vine inn pub and you know the carry on i had finding that one....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#314 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Yes Lyn, It only took me 50 years to find one of the Cromwell Arms.

signman

#315 by astoness , Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:33 pm

i know it did john...it seems amazing that it took all that time to find one pic...mind you i may never come accross another of the vine but i would imagine you feel the same as i do....one is better than none at all....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor