Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#2611 by xuanxanh99 , Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:53 am

Good morning everyone...
Today, How are you? I hope everyone will greater.
have a nice day.
Mr Hùng.[Sunshine]

Con Yêu Tất Cả Mọi Người Ở Đây - I love everyone here.

xuanxanh99
Date registered 09.30.2010

#2612 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:31 am

Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a good and interesting day. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2613 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 am

Morning SB and any one else up and about.
Just been looking at the stars through my telescope, such a clear night, you don't realise how many there are we only see the brightest ones.

signman

#2614 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:50 am

Astronomy another string to you bow then John, just watch you don't get Astertoids.
Is your Telescope within sight of the beach.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2615 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 am

SB, Astronomy bores the brains out of me, have no interest in it whatsoever, it's only a little pocket scope, but amazing the difference it makes,
I just like having a butchers now and then just to see if I can spot any of our terrestrial cousins on their way to visit us, ha ha.
I could see the pier at one time from my bedroom window then some p***t built a block of flats in front of it.( nice art deco flats though).

signman
Last edited Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:58 am | Top

#2616 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:19 am

It's just down to the sky and bedroom windows then John.[Police Truncheon]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2617 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:19 am

VM, to answer your question about the photos, they are straight out of the camera, no manipulation at all, fantastic little beast, I put a shot into photoshop and tried it's auto fix, it didn't do anything at all, and every shot since has been the same.
In the old days of film,Fuji were renowned for the colour saturation of their film.
Here's a link to the write up, only camera to get 5 out of 5 stars.http://fujifilm.co.uk/media/dContent/med...ress/DCB_76.pdf
Most times I take it in preference to the Nikon, when I'm just strolling about,just sits in my pocket.

signman
Last edited Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:26 am | Top

#2618 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:28 am

SB, you have a mucky mind.

signman

#2619 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:43 am

[Gentleman][Gentleman][Gentleman]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2620 by Deleted User , Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:11 am

Good morning all

#2621 by Voltman , Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:18 am

Good Day to you,

I am just back from taking my car in for a service and MOT test.
I travelled on public transport to get home, more specifically two buses, ..........OMG.

What a disgusting episode that was, we must have the worst buses in the world, dirty, smelly and badly designed. Some of the smells were undoubtedly from the passengers but is there any excuse for the collections of old garbage floating about the floor or the food crumbs rotting at the back of the seats? They look quite good from the outside so I wonder what tourists make of us if they get on one our buses.

I have travelled on buses in many places, poor and afluent, such as Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Yugoslavia, Singapore, Dubai, and never yet experienced such a low level of hygiene as I endured this morning. Nor such a high fare to distance ratio. It's about time the bus service was nationalised, with strict controls in place and following the model of some of the more enlightened countries, especially if the government want us to give up our cars. I don't care how much petrol and road tax is going to cost me, I won't be switching to these buses.
Pass the Dettol someone.
VM

“I am a man of simple tastes, only the best will do“
Oscar Wilde 16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 10.21.2010 | Top

#2622 by mikejee , Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Voltman
i agree in theory about nationalising the buses, though it's probably less likelt than David Cameron sending his sprog to the local comprehensive. not all buses are as bad as the ones you travelled on -it probab ly depebds on the firm and the area. Reading buses are not too bad, cleaners come on and spray stuff around and tidy up every few trips in the daytime - though I admit they are still owned by the council (though in the form of a quango or something) . Can't understand why, but some of the vocal bussy types round here seem really keen for them them be taken over by one of the conglomerates.
Seems very quiet on this thread today.Must be because Lyn is getting over the case of breezers she drank last night
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#2623 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:13 pm

I'm not a great fan of buses, but I really can't say much for them or against them as I can count the times I have used them in the last forty years on one hand. My wife a non driver uses them quite frequently when she is fit and active. The only thing I have heard her complain about is the way they are driven and the infrequency of the times.

She says that most of the younger drivers seem to think they are driving sports car and go round corners on two wheels, they also never brake until the last possible moment throwing all the standing passengers sometimes the length of the bus. She has never mentioned that the buses are dirty, but she says unruly passengers (mostly kids) can be a problem. She is at a loss to why the driver never does anything about these types.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2624 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 pm

As far as Birmingham buses are concerned, I consider myself quite experienced. I travel on around 35 per week.
As regards the comments about our buses being filthy.
The buses I travel on, one usually at 6.20am the next at around 7.15am. Two companies involved, Travel West Midlands and Connect Travel, the buses from both of these companies are clean when they first hit the road.
Where does the filth come from? SOCIETY.
Certain sections of our society are absolute Tramps.
These are the people who Throw Cigarette ends on the floor (anywhere).
The same Tramps who throw Chewing Gum on the floor (anywhere)
The same Tramps who use Bus Shelters as urinals.
The same Tramps who Graffiti all over walls Trains vans and anything that looks fair game.
The same Tramps who spit anywhere and everywhere ( girls are as bad as men and boys).
The same Tramps who have food and drink and throw the containers and wrappers all over the place including Buses.
The great majority of the bus travelling public are normal, clean living people.
If buses were cleaned and sterilised after EVERY TRIP. Some filthy Tramp would throw something on the floor......Because it's fair game.
The standard of our society dictates that in all decent shopping centres, City Centres, and an awful lot of streets, need cleaners sweeping and litter collecting, cleaning bubble gum up, Graffiti off walls, fly posters off windows and walls.
we all pay a lot of money in Council Tax and other ways to constantly clear up after these Tramps.
You wonder why our public transport gets into such a mess, Sort out society, sort out the Tramps. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2625 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:13 pm

35 buses a week? where is the one way journey you make?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2011

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor