Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#2626 by Frothy , Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:22 pm

I must agree with SB. I think our Buses stand up quite well compared to some Buses I've traveled on around this country. As graham says it's the scum that use them who are the problem.

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#2627 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:27 pm

No problem Phil, my journey, I get one bus into town and another out, to work
coming home the town trip doesn't work, so I get a bus to Acocks Green, then another to the Yew Tree Yardley, then another five minute trip to Garretts Green.
So that's Two to work and Three home, sometimes a get a lift part way so this varies again. Having a pass I can hop on and off buses as I please on any bus in the Birmingham area, so I catch several over the weekend. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2628 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:12 pm

Time for me to retire Good night Froth, usually other people appear when I go away. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2629 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:27 pm

I see Xobor have been doing some upgrading, must be why the site was down for a couple of hours the other day. You would think they would give some warning. I see photos are now much simpler to upload. It might be of some help to those who find it tricky.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2630 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:50 pm

I agree with VM and SB the last time I was on a bus in Brum, it was the filthiest I'd ever seen.
SB, 5 minute journey, surely it would take you longer to wait for the bus.

signman

#2631 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:00 am

Had a wonderful evening with a couple of friends David and Ann whom I've known for 18 years since I came to Brighton, Ann was born in Rugeley
her dad used to keep Beaudesert golf course.
David is ex navy and an antique dealer.
We chatted about old times and finished a few pints and a couple of bottles of Gin and a few tonics, Ann was on Vodka and limes.

signman

#2632 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:08 am

Suppose you've all gone to bed, well if no one wants to talk to me, so be it, come back Lyn where are you.

signman

#2633 by Sheldonboy , Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:25 am

Posted by signman
I agree with VM and SB the last time I was on a bus in Brum, it was the filthiest I'd ever seen.

As I have said John I am certainly no fan of Travel West Midlands, their customer service is awful. But I travel on them very early most days of the week and they are clean then. One of the biggest problems is the modern idea of grabbing a takeaway snack and eating it on the bus. That's where most of the mess comes from also kids being brought up by people who don't know how to behave in a civil manner themselves. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2634 by Sheldonboy , Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:41 am

Posted by signman

I don't make many five minute journeys John, and remember a five minute bus journey is not a five minute walk.
Also notice the main people moaning about the buses are the people who rarely catch them in a lifetime, hardly fair judges.? SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2635 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:47 am

Morning SB, it's taken me since 6 am to get on here.
I use buses all the time and here in Brighton they are frequent and very clean, but that bus in Brum was the worst I'd ever seen,.

signman

#2636 by Voltman , Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:34 am

Good Morning All
In Dubai there are rules for behaviour at all times, these rules also apply on public transport.
No smoking, eating or drinking. No swearing or dropping litter, No playing loud music or shouting into a mobile phone.
If you don't like the rules you walk.
If you ride and still feel the need to break any rules the driver will play a pre-recorded message to remind you of the rules.
If you persist in breaking the rules, or fail to put right your wrong, the driver will pull over to the side of the road and police will board the bus.
What happens after that will depend to some extent on who you are, but it isn't pleasant.

The buses are spotlessly clean, air conditioned masterpieces of design. Fares are taken and managed electronically.
People are broadly the same the world over, the way they are managed in public is what makes the difference.
VM

“I am a man of simple tastes, only the best will do“
Oscar Wilde 16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#2637 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 am

Volty

I suppose the difference is that here people get stoned and play up on a bus, there people play up on a bus and then get stoned.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2638 by Voltman , Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:33 am

[Laugh Out Loud]
Too true. But it seems to work.

“I am a man of simple tastes, only the best will do“
Oscar Wilde 16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#2639 by Deleted User , Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:03 am

As I live so close to town now I rarely get the bus but when I lived in Meriden I used the bus to Solihull quite a lot.

My biggest moan was the thilthy windows,some days it was hard to see where you were...depressing.

I always seemed to be the only person who would pick up the rolling can......others would look at you as if you were nuts.

It is people that make them the way they are.....disgusting.

#2640 by Deleted User , Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am

Two aerials got married the ceremony was rubbish but the reception was brilliant

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2011

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor