Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#2581 by astoness , Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:52 am

morning john... lol.ive forgotton..its on a mountain overlooking the thames estary..200 mile trip from here..all piggin motorway except for the last little bit[Frowning]...been told the views are stunning...i will let you know the exact location later on...im really looking forward to it now.. it wil help blow away a few cobwebs[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#2582 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:56 am

Sounds pretty good Lyn, let's have lots of photos, it will do you good, a change of scenery, didn't know there were any mountains in Kent.

signman

#2583 by astoness , Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:07 am

thanks john..i think its a joke about the mountains as its on very high ground. well i hope it is as i dont do heights..lol..dont worry i have camera at the ready..cant miss a chance like this...[Silly Grin]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2584 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:49 am

Morning Lyn

I hope you have a nice time, I have to say I've never spent a great deal of time in Kent myself. Except for the usual seaside towns, Ramsgate, Margate & Broadstairs. I've never yet got to Canterbury, although I have been through it a few times, we have never stopped.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2585 by astoness , Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:59 am

morning phil..im sure i will enjoy..like i said im not sure of the exact location but any port in a storm will do right now lol..pub with open fire is on the cards too[Skipping Happy]....just hope the dongle works or else SB is in for a quiet few days....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2586 by Deleted User , Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:09 am

Hi Lynn,have a great time..we need to get to our van but neither of us are up to it at the moment LOL

#2587 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am

Hi Lyn

It's something I never looked forward to either, closing down our van at the end of a season. It was like saying goodbye to a friend every year. We just looked forward all winter to the opening season. Just lately we have been thinking of buying another van, but I think it might be a bit of a waste because I don't think we would be able to use it much now.

Our kids are not very caravan orientated and I couldn't rent it out, as it would be like renting your house out wouldn't it? Still I might give it a bit of thought.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2588 by Deleted User , Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm

Phil..if you are considering a van again I would say try to get something no more than an hour away and serviced by a train station so if for any reason you can not drive you can still get to it.

Vans by the sea are expensive and petol the same.You are more likely to get more weekends in or a couple of days while long journeys are not worth the effort for a short stay.

#2589 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Denise

Expense is not the issue really, except for the fact that I am not keen on being ripped off, and as you say my last van was on a Council owned site at the sea side. To be quite honest I would be still there if not for the fact that they brought in a new rule saying that no vans could be older than ten years. I was not about to pay out for a new van plus £2k a year to stay on the site and by now my new van would have been half way through its site life.

If I do get a new van it will be at the seaside and more than likely Skegness as it is so flat and my wife loves it there.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2590 by Deleted User , Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm

I think you would have to go inland to escape the problems mentioned in your previous post Phil.

#2591 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Denise

You have to understand my wifes thinking, our van in Skegness (Ingoldmells) was a five minute walk from the biggest permanent market in the UK. As she has times when she is not that good at walking it has everything she wants. Nothing is more than five minutes walk away. I suppose that is why she likes it so much. Also next to the market is a great fun fair that the kids love and its not too expensive.

Nobody is saying that it is definite, just that we have discussed it, and if we did buy another van it would be on a site without the ten year rule. I sometimes think I would have been better off transferring it to another site, I could have found one and run our low loader up there for the day to move it so the expense would have been minimal.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2592 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:21 pm

That 10 year rule is a load of flannel, and a con, you usually have to buy the new van off them.
Not long returned from a nice 5 mile walk round Rottingdean and back to Brighton, absolutely glorious day, here's a couple of snaps, what's the weather doing in Brum.

signman

#2593 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Leaf colours are changing, I've made these a bit smaller.

signman

#2594 by Deleted User , Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Yes the site we are on you have to buy through the ownwer or his designated caravan sales place.

You are only allowed to sell back to him or have it removed yourselves and it is hard to find a place that will let you bring your own van on.

You could sell private but not sited.

#2595 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm

John

Yes I always think this time of year is so colourful, I was out today walking the dog and marvelling a the scenery around me. Wonderful clear blue sky with the sun shining brilliantly. I've had to start wearing my gloves though, and I think it will be time soon for a scarf and a hat.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor