Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1966 by Voltman , Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:31 am

G'day Y'all.

“If a man nows he wil soner or later be robed upon a jorny, he wil hav a botle of the bst in evry in and look on all his extrvagncs as so much ganed on the thevs.”
Robert Louis Stevenson.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer] http://telsen.co.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1967 by Voltman , Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 am

2 Members and 51 Guests are online. Voltman, signman

Bottom line at 9:12 Today

“If a man nos he wil soner or later be robd upon a jorny, e wl hav a botle of te bst in evry in and lok on all his extvagncs as so much ganed n te thevs.”
Robert Louis Stevenson.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1968 by mikejee , Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:35 am

Sounds like a reasonable party. Hope the guests brought a bottle each
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#1969 by Voltman , Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:38 am

I think they got together and left for anther party. Five minutes later there were only 4.

“f a man nos he wil soner or later be robd upon a jorny, e wl hav a botle of te bst in evry in and lok on all his extvagncs as so much ganed n te thevs.”
Robert Louis Stevenson.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1970 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 am

So many guests.wow.

Morning all,sunshine here today.

#1971 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:52 pm

I think this phenomena has been discussed on every forum that I have been on. Why do so many guests keep looking in and decide not to enrol. I think we have to accept that some people like to read what is going on on forums but just don't like to join in.

It's like those who join forums and never bother to post. We have a few members on this forum that fall into that category. I will be having a bit of a cull the weekend so if you notice the membership total falling don't worry. If you are one of the members who has been a member for over a month and has not yet posted. If you want to remain a member just say hello before the end of the week and you will be safe.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1972 by Voltman , Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Phil, I've mentioned this before, many of the visitors are web crawlers for search engines.
If you look at some of the forums that display the statistics for visitors you will see that some of them will also name the engines, having identified them from their IP addresses.
The massive drop from 51 to 4 in just a few minutes this morning indicates that it was something other than browsing humans.
Is there anything of this sort of analysis available to us?
VM

“f a man nos he wil soner or late be robd upon a jorny, e wl hav a botle of te bst in evry in nd lok on all his extvagncs as so much ganed n te thevs.”
Robert Louis Stevenson.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1973 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Volty

You have been through the back room here, you know as much about the internal running of the site as SB & myself. As I don't think there is anyway of overlooking a visitors IP address, therefore it would be pretty hard to identify them as a person or a Bot.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1974 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:00 pm

What a lovely day it is,hope you have all enjoyed the sunshine.

#1975 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi Denise

It is a nice day today, had a little run down to Leamington this morning with the granddaughter and her dog. It's got to have an operation one of its leg joints keeps popping out of it's joint. We left him there this morning and well have to pick him up tomorrow.

Our vets over at Wythall recommended this surgeon at Leamington, you would have thought that they might think someone was capable in Birmingham. I suppose they get a kick back for the recommendation.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1976 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:57 pm

I hope all goes well Phil .

#1977 by astoness , Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:21 pm

hi everyone...just thought i would get that in in case i get me ticket...[Laugh Out Loud] phil i hope the grandaughters dog makes a full recovery...please let us know....

well ive not done much today folks..caught up on a couple of jobs and did a bit of shopping...i was hoping that if we get another dry day tomorrow i could give the grass its last cut of the year...fingers crossed...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1978 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Sorryl Lyn it's going to rain Tomorrow

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1979 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Lyn

You have no need to worry about getting your ticket, it's the rest who have got to watch out. Thanks for asking the dog has had his op and is recovering satisfactory and is resting at the moment. He had the bone shaved popped back into the socket and pinned. Boy am I glad she had the sense to get some insurance.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1980 by astoness , Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:56 pm

[Laugh Out Loud] phil..i know i wont get my ticket....i talk to much lol...so glad the dog is doing ok...i hate it when pets are sick as they cant talk to you and say how they are feeling...

evening SB take this[Hammers] for spoiling what has otherwise been a good day....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor