Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1816 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 pm

I only ever drink out of a dimple mug, can't stand thin glasses, this was after about 11 pints, Trevor went home straight after this, I wasn't far behind him.
Lyn it's like every thing, you get used to it, bores the brains out of me now, haven't walked along the sea front after dark for ages.
Going to eat my chocolate now, and listen to the radio in bed, don't I sound boring, but tv does not do much for me, unless it's a good documentary...
Good night all, will post the other photos tomorrow.

signman

#1817 by astoness , Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:41 pm

and you still stand after 11 pints...you sound just like me dad used to be...hollow legs [Laugh Out Loud] well if you are boring so must i be cos i listen to the radio in the bedroom too..i like the debate programmes...bet you dont feel so bad now do you..lol..ok night then john..catch you tomorrow...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1818 by Sheldonboy , Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Iv'e brung some help

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1819 by astoness , Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 pm

right SB...[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1820 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:09 am

Morning all,
Dull and dismal so far, but could turn sunny like it did yesterday.
Here's the photos of the American Express site.

signman

#1821 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:11 am

more...

signman

#1822 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:16 am

Phil, I wonder what that big pipe is going all round the site.
And here's one to show the difference now and the old days as regards H and S.
Sir Robert Macalpine ! he built half of Brum didn't he.

signman

#1823 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:16 am

What a waste of a resource.
Not a bad day here, not cold at all.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1824 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:18 am

Finally here's what's going in it's place, all I can say is there must be a deal going on at the moment on glass.

signman

#1825 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:27 am

I must say John I'm not mad keen on many modern buildings unless they are eith replacing a slum or suit the surrounding area, but you would know that better than me.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1826 by astoness , Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 am

morning all...dull and damp here again this morning...thanks for those pics john..as you say whats with all the glass...same here in brum ..too much glass ...and once again i agree with you SB..trouble is the new buildings they build are in no way shape or form in keeping with the old ones..

john i was just thinking...lol..i wonder if they are really building a new brewery and that big pipe you mentioned is to pump a constant flow of best bitter to the wagon....[Laugh Out Loud]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1827 by Deleted User , Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:03 am

Remember when Prince Charles said something like it was like looking at a cabunkle on the face of an old friend.....reckon he was right when we look at our lovely old buildings and the junk they throw up now.

Morning all..............murky morning here.

Got a bloke coming to try to open two of my windows.sash and stuck like glue.Eye test later.....don't like that cus they use stinging dropsThis evening a little get together for volunteers so that should be nice.

#1828 by astoness , Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 am

morning den...yes i think old charlie had it spot on didnt he...well you have got a busy day then..how nice that you still have the old sash cord on your windows..i remember as a youngster i found them hard work opening and closing them..come to think of it now they were a good safety thing for children...

have a good day everyone..[Skipping Happy]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1829 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:46 am

John I would imagine that pipe is part of the main sewer , as it looks as if it below ground level. If it was placed below the basement floor it would mean a pumping station to raise it up to the level of the street sewage system.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1830 by mikejee , Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:38 am

Glass is OK in its place, but it didn't do too well when they had that bomb at Canary wharf. The buildings would have stood up much better (I would have thought) with less glass. Banks & similar institutions like American Express are not exactly popular with UK people, never mind those outside. I would have thought that they would have had to take that into account - but who knows!
mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor