Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1771 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:06 pm

John

I can find nothing wrong with that building, it looks pretty traditional to me. At least its not made of polished metal disc's. I would say due to be demolished in 200 years.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1772 by astoness , Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:15 pm

blimey phil...200 years you say...it will fall down before then....dont make em these days to last that long..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1773 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm

Lyn

But I know how devious John is, it might be an experimental building something like plastic covered steel girders and unbreakable glass or at least something along those lines.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1774 by mikejee , Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:55 pm

It might be the effect of the shadows , but I reckon it looks too perfect and that its a lego model or a computer drawing.
So it will probably disappear tomorrow
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#1775 by Sheldonboy , Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:28 am

Posted by signman
Evening all,
They will take your finger off in a second Lyn.
Right talking about demolition, this is American Express European headquarters here in Brighton, due to be knocked down in ? years, have a guess, I love this building, it's known as the wedding cake(that's not why I like it) by the way.

I'll have a crack at two years, some firms still have money to burn.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1776 by Sheldonboy , Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:28 am

Sometime possibly today, The active members of this forum, which by the way only numbers 17. Will have made 25000 posts. in almost exactly nine months.
That is incredible. This forum was started after I had viewed many other different sites and witnessed Snappy remarks, backbiting and insults.
It was decided that a forum with a much more friendly base was needed, a place to get away from the miseryguts of this world.
Well I think this has been made possible here by the outstanding membership that we have, and the team that built it.
Yes we need more members, but not at any price. only friendly people need apply, and will be allowed to stay.
This is your forum, you built it, you run it.
Many thanks to Phil for his 9 months of hard work policing it and maintaining our standards. Sheldonboy

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 09.27.2010 | Top

#1777 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:05 am

Morning all,
Well my little quiz got you going.
Phil, nothing devious.
Mike, it's a real building.
Lyn and SB you are the nearest, it's actually 4 YEARS ,I think it's disgraceful,that a building only put up in 1989 should be knocked down,if you look closely you can just see the top of a crane sticking above the roof.
They are building a new headquarters, and want the land in front for a CAR PARK!, surely this building could be turned into apartments,they were going to pull out of Brighton,and being the biggest employer in the city 4.000 in this block alone, it would have been disastrous.
They only got planning permission on the understanding that they stay in Brighton for a minimum of 20 years.
I will take some photos today of the biggest cranes around at the moment.

signman

#1778 by astoness , Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:42 am

morning all... well john after your answer to how long that building will remain i rest my case as i have nothing to add to what i posted yesterday....thats the shortest life span of a building ive come accross so far....amazing...will look forward to further pics...well its dull and raining here this morning and i have to pop into the city centre...may take me camera with me...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1779 by astoness , Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 am

couldnt agree more SB....this is a nice little forum..friendly and warm and i like it...there is something said about its not so much the size but what you do with it that counts and i before i start getting bangs on the head i am of course referring to this forum...[Laugh Out Loud] well done to you phil and everyone who keeps it going....by the way do we get to have a party on our first birthday...[Razz]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1780 by Sheldonboy , Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 am

Yes Lyn and you are jumping out of a cake

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1781 by astoness , Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:04 am

oh gawd SB...not the jumping out the cake trick....think i would much prefer a celebration bully full english and a cuppa..[Skipping Happy]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1782 by Voltman , Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 am

Good Morning All.
What time is this Bully Brekkie then?
VM

“If a man knows he will sooner or later be robbed upon a journey, he will have a bottle of the best in every inn and look upon all his extravagances as so much gained upon the thieves.”
Robert Louis Stevenson.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer] http://telsen.co.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1783 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 am

Well I've been and taken the photos, only a 10 minute walk from me,after brekkie I'll post them, wait until you see what's going in it's place.
Talking of breakfast I don't use any cafe that doesn't do hash browns, corned beef hash, or homemade fries.(and I don't mean chips), or bubble and squeak, so SB,
you'd better start chatting Chris up to extend his menu, uless he already has these items.
Lyn, take your camera, don't bother about the weather, the few times I've not taken a camera I always see something that makes me wish I had.

signman
Last edited Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:22 am | Top

#1784 by Deleted User , Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:42 am

Morning all............wet and cold here.

Fancy having planning permission based on if you stay or not...is that right??

Good to see the forum going along as it is.

#1785 by astoness , Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:48 am

morning volty...well sometime soon i hope SB will be inviting those who can make to a bully brekkie...den said she only has to hop on the train[Razz] so watch this space as they say...yes john i will take my camera as i think some pics look lovely with a bit of drizzle going on...oh from what i saw the other week john chris has quite an extensive menu...looking forward to your pics going on...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor