Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: PHOTOGRAPHY / Avatar.

#136 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 am

I think all this so called graffiti art should be banned on the outside of buildings. Lets face it even the good stuff looks a mess when it's everywhere. If people want it then let them have it on the inside of the building so we don't all have to be subjected to it.

By my real objection is, that it encourages any moron with a spray can and a stencil to think they are an artist. Lets face it if I wanted to stick an advertising hoarding on the side or in front of a property I own then I would have to obtain planning permission. If it was granted I would then be limited in the size of that hoarding.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#137 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:34 pm

I agree entirely Phil.
The council are employing these two guys (where they come from I no not where) to go around doing all these so called wall murals on every vacant piece of land they've got,(usually between two buildings), they are then tarmacing them, lining, and putting a fold down post up and then flogging the resultant car spaces, no idea of price, but the blokes doing the spraying told me they get between £2,000-£3,000 per wall.

signman

#138 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Well I can see the sense in the car parking spaces idea. I bet they fetch a good price and I bet they are leasehold on a very short lease as well. But it makes money for the Council and provides that extra bit of parking space.

I just don't get the graffiti idea, surely they would have been better off selling advertising space. Besides they may own the vacant land, but they don't own the buildings next to it. So they must have to pay or get permission first.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#139 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Phil, the shopkeepers in Brighton couldn't care less, most of the buildings are rented , and even if they were owned ,they are always up for something for nothing, the whole town is full of so called art students going round trying to do signs, I couldn't care less, but I've had quite a few calls from shops and bars where the owner thought he was getting a sign on the cheap, and nearly had a thrombo when he's seen it.
Can you do anything with it is the first cry, and when I tell them it has to be a re-paint job and give them a price they cry again, sometimes I got the job , and if I didn't I just walked away laughing.

signman

#140 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Has Brighton got a big art college then? Or is it chancers down from that horrible place north of you where the vintage car rally starts from.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#141 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Yes Phil, nearly everyone who goes to college is either doing art or media studies or photography, don't know where the h**l they think they are going to get jobs from.

signman

#142 by mikejee , Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:05 am

I don't think any thinking person doing media studies would seriously expect it to get them a job - it is just a way to to put off having to do a job. Mind you, i would say the same about Latin; and politics certainly shouldn't get them a job, but unfortunately for us it sometimes does

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 09.08.2010 | Top

#143 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:30 am

If you ever need a manual for a camera here's the link, every camera and accessory ever made is countered for, average price about £7

http://www.oldtimercameras.com/

signman

#144 by Sheldonboy , Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:37 am

Thats a useful site Thanks John

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: PHOTOGRAPHY.

#145 by Voltman , Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
John another Free programme I like to use
Triscape FX Foto
it is Free to down load, but has many uses in it's free version. It takes a bit of practice but I find it worth the effort. These free programmes don't all do everything but using more than one gives much more scope. I recommend this one for a try. SB

Just downloaded this one to allow me to resize my Gull photo, Outlook Express still left it too big to view here.
It (Triscape) certainly has a lot of features, resizing however is a multiple choice hit and miss affair and as far as I can see it can only be done using the Upload feature. Not bad for use on a netbook though.
VM

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#146 by Sheldonboy , Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:06 pm

I use Triscape quite often, as a free programme it's very useful. Another free photo programme I use is Photoscape. Although these programmes do loads of things some of them do some things better than others. Its quite useful to have a few of these and play around with them, it's surprising what you can do if you persevere.

No Phil that's persevere not perverse.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#147 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:12 am

Here is the best FREE photo software you can get.

http://www.serif.com/free-photo-editing-software/php-se.asp

signman

#148 by Voltman , Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:07 pm

I just tried to get that one but it required the opening of an account so I didn't bother.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#149 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 pm

VM it does not require the opening of an account.

signman

#150 by Voltman , Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Signman, first they demand an email address, then on the next page they want a name and a password then they email you a link to activate your "account", their words not mine.
I haven't the patience to make a temporary email address at the moment so I didn't complete the process.
Perhaps I'll have another go tomorrow.
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor