Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: PHOTOGRAPHY.

#196 by Voltman , Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:33 pm

what surprised me is that the prototype was made in 1981.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#197 by mikejee , Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Can remember my mother using one of the simple box Brownies, like the three on the right of the photograph supposedly from 1905. don't think date is right with regard to women's clothes though. Also camera on left looks a bit later than 1905. It was also definitely not called a box brownie. Box brownies were box shaped, and ones with bellows were not called that. Never saw bright coloured ones like shown on the third picture

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#198 by Voltman , Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:36 am

Some of those Box Brownies are probably American, I thought all ours were black or shades of brown.
As you say Mike, the woman on the far left is holding a bellows camera. I have some of those.

One is a Canadian made No. 2A Autographic Brownie with B&L Lens made in 1920, it uses 116 size film and has a window in the back, along with an attached scriber, so that the photographer can write a short note onto the back of the film to identify the shot. Thus the name Autographic. So technically the description "Brownie" is valid but it certainly throws the date of the photo into question.

The other one, on the left, is a Junior Six-20 with Twindar Lens made between 1934 and 1940, it uses 620 size film.

[[File:030.JPG|left|800px|auto]]

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 03.24.2017 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor