Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Welcome to Brummies Talking

#121 by mikejee , Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi Christina
Welcome to the forum.
i have a little information by looking at the electoral roll, but will start a new thread for it
mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 02.27.2012 | Top

#122 by Paul Johnson , Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Hello,
I'm an exiled Brummie (currently living in Berkshire). My mum's family were Wilshire from Victoria Road (and the streets around) Aston but I was born in Dudley Road Hospital in 1950 and grew up in Great Barr. My dad's family were Londoners (sorry about that). I attended Perry Beeches Infants and Junior schools and then King Edward's Aston. I left Birmingham in 1977 and have lived in several different countries and various parts of the UK. I still come back to Birmingham regularly as I like the beer (and one of the football teams but I will keep which one a secret for now). Bostin Forum ... Paul

Paul Johnson  
Paul Johnson
Date registered 08.12.2012

#123 by Sheldonboy , Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:44 am

Morning Paul welcome to our home, please feel free to make yourself comfortable, pull up a chair and I look forward to a chat SB

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#124 by mikejee , Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:32 am

Welcome Paul. I see you have the misfortune to live in Berkshire also. Commiserations. I will excuse you liking football !

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#125 by Paul Johnson , Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #155
Welcome Paul. I see you have the misfortune to live in Berkshire also.

I know it's a real shame. I don't know whether to walk over the road and stand in the field with the stream running through it or go over my back hedge and stand in a field with Llamas or a field with sheep. It's 5 miles to the M4 and I pass 12 houses! It's nothing like Birmingham but I force myself to do it.

Paul Johnson  
Paul Johnson

#126 by astoness , Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Quote: Paul Johnson wrote in post #156
Quote: mikejee wrote in post #155
Welcome Paul. I see you have the misfortune to live in Berkshire also.

I know it's a real shame. I don't know whether to walk over the road and stand in the field with the stream running through it or go over my back hedge and stand in a field with Llamas or a field with sheep. It's 5 miles to the M4 and I pass 12 houses! It's nothing like Birmingham but I force myself to do it.

paul...

warm welcome to the forum....and at the risk of you now taking against me....CUM ON YOU BLUE NOSES..[Little LOL]

LYN

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#127 by Paul Johnson , Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #157

warm welcome to the forum....and at the risk of you now taking against me....CUM ON YOU BLUE NOSES..[Little LOL]

LYN

No problem Lyn, I'm of a generation that went to both St Andrews and Villa Park so I have no problem with watching teams from lower divisions

I was even chuffed, for you and the City of Birmingham, when you won a cup recently.

I guess I've given it away now - I'm a Villa fan first and a Brummie second but unlike many, I'm happy when Blues do well.

Paul Johnson  
Paul Johnson

#128 by Sheldonboy , Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Paul, lyn fails to point out she is also a West Brom fan
I wouldn't bother with any of em they don't come and see me when I'm bad.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#129 by astoness , Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:52 pm

quite right SB..baggies 1st and blues next..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#130 by xuanxanh99 , Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:05 am

Hello everyone!

Long time, I didn't join here. But I always remember everyone.
How are you, now? I'm not bad today. Currently, I still work at the old company. And I have just moved to a renting house in the center city. I hadn't lived near my company anymore. Because, My young sister is studying at the center city. We must live together, to take care each other.

I hope everyone still good for your health and remember me! Have a nice day at your country!

P/S: I attached file about my picture. Only one picture. I am wearing black shirt.hih

Hero!

Con Yêu Tất Cả Mọi Người Ở Đây - I love everyone here.

xuanxanh99
Date registered 09.30.2010

Last edited 08.16.2012 | Top

#131 by astoness , Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:37 am

hello hero....its nice to hear from you again...very pleased that things are going ok for you all...that is a great photograph you have posted..hope you keep in touch with us all here in england...

lyn..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#132 by Karen Williams , Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Phil,
My name is Karen. I was born on the Bordesley Green East in 1964, more or less opposite the Richmond Pub. I lived there with my mom & dad and grandad. Dorothy (Dot) & Ron & Jim Shale (Grandad). My grandad died not long after and we moved to Gilpin Close , Hodge Hill area. After that we moved to Bankdale Road, Ward End where I spent most of my life. My mom & dad are still there now but it's not the same road or area anymore. I am now married and live in Sheldon. I absolutely love looking at old pictures of Brum how I remember it, most recently I was looking at old Pictures of The Beaufort, how that brought back memories. I also have a soft spot for all the old pubs that are fast disappearing, some of my old haunt's were The Comet, Hodge Hill, The Richmond where my mom & dad, Grandad, friends we knew in Upton Road spent many a happy time when Sid Vernon was Landlord there. Also The Wagon & Horses, Sheldon.
It's great that you have set up trhis sight, I have only just found it through the link that was sent me concerning the Richmond.
Kindest Regards
Karen

Karen Williams  
Karen Williams
Date registered 08.15.2012

#133 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi Karen

Let me welcome you to our forum, we are small in numbers but growing steadily and a friendly lot. We have members from your area who I'm sure will gladly exchange memories with you. In the meantime keep an eye open and I will see if I can find you some more photos of the area for you.

Phil

phil

#134 by astoness , Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:42 pm

hi karen and a warm welcome to the forum...glad you like what you see so far..if you are after any perticular photos of roads..schools pubs etc just let us know and we will do our best to help you...oh and please join in on the open all hours thread...its just a place where we say good morning etc and have a chat about anything really...

enjoy..

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 08.16.2012 | Top

#135 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Hello Breeze welcome to our forum nice to see you posting, I look forward to hearing more from you. Sheldonboy

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor