Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Welcome to Brummies Talking, This Is The Place To Say Hello

#1 by mikejee , Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi
I'm mike. Born in sussex and spent about 12 years in Brum, got to like the place and got interested in its history. Left in 1981 to go to reading (Ugh) with my job with Cadburys. Am now retred, but unfortunately can't visit brum much as i look after my 95 year old mother, but still very interested in the history of the place.
PS Have noticed that this host has targetted adverts. the thread on the Bakery had lots of adverts for bread products next to it. I hope that doesn't mean that if cemeteries are mentioned then there are lots of adverts for undertakers !

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 01.31.2014 | Top

RE: Welcome to Brummies Talking

#2 by Sheldonboy , Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:58 am

Hi Mike
Welcome to our new forum, nice to see you here.any new threads that you would like to see just let us know, look forward to chatting to you in the future. SB

If all else fails Read the instructions

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by PJ , Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Hello everyone.
I was born and bred in the city centre, despite what Phil will tell you, I'm your actual died in the wool Brummie. More than being able to hear big Brum ring out the time and celebrations over the years, at night I could hear it ticking.
Good to be here, every Forum needs a nutter.
PJ

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#4 by Sheldonboy , Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi PJ
A great welcome to you to these exalted pages. WHAT'S THIS about you being a Nutter.
I only asked you on because of your calm,educated, sensitive yet majestic words that we follow with esteemed wonderment.
Or is that me.?
Enjoy yourself mate. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Welcome PJ

I would not dare to argue with a well known nutter, I still say I'm more of a Brummy as I was born in Loveday Street. I bet you entered this world via Dudley Rd hospital. There again if you are a nutter it could have been All Saints.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by erdogladys , Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm a Brummie gal born and bred, lived in Erdington for most of my life, look forward to joining in on the forum,

Erdogladys x

erdogladys  
erdogladys

Founder Member

#7 by Sheldonboy , Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:01 am

Welcome erdogladys, make yourself at home, look forward to a chat. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#8 by berniew , Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:02 pm

Hello all I'm Bernie born in Small Heath and lived there until I was 23 lived in Tyseley for 20 years and now in Yardley for the last 15years . I am interested in local history , sport music and current affairs . I'm sure there will be some interesting topics to discuss on the forum look forward to exchanging views with members regards Bernie

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#9 by PJ , Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Phil,
No Mucka, born in Charlotte St, I think that's a we bit closer to Big Brum than Loveday St,. I got my first job at the age of 9 at Miss Morris's junk shop on Summer Row nearly opposite the Las Vegas cafe.
There were a few families who lived closer to Big Brum, the Grinsels lads who lived in the Shakespeare pub but lets not split hairs you have to be a real Brummie to claim to be one, the last anti Brummie remark I heard from a cockeney comic was "In the event of an atomic armegeden there will be only two things that will survive cockroaches and people from Birmingham", Ha!, but what do Cockeney's know other than pie mash and stolen goods.
PJ.

PJ  
PJ

#10 by Sheldonboy , Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Hello and welcome to Bernie and PJ. nice to have you both with us. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by Sheldonboy , Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Phil
Did you know, talking about the sticks. That not too many years ago Yardley was in Worcestershire.
The parish church of yardley St. Edburghs was in existance in it's present form, when columbus discovered America.
In fact he couldn't have discovered America, Because it probably wasn't called america when he found it. SB

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#12 by paul , Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:59 pm

hi all im a brum kid born and bread and proud of it and whats more i love my city and any thing to do with it

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#13 by PJ , Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi Paul,
your right in at the beginning of the newest forum in town.
Welcome.

PJ  
PJ

#14 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi Paul Welcome to our very new Very Friendly forum. It's good to have you with us, not very much on here at the moment but give us a chance we are working on it. Feel free to add your two penarth, and I look forward to chatting with you. Sheldonboy

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#15 by paul , Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:48 pm

thank you all for the warm welcome and i will do my best to fill the forum with all kinds of post and with any luck it will attract new members paul

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Hi Everyone

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor