Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Welcome to Brummies Talking

#76 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Hello Robert it was a great Pleasure to meet you on Friday and to have a few minutes to have a chat with you. You are very welcome on our pages and I hope you enjoy Brummies Talking and stay with us.
If you look further down the list there is a thread WELCOME ROBERT. One or two messages are already there. I look forward to your input. Graham SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#77 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:26 pm

Welcome to our newest members. You are most welcome to our little group. If there is anything that you like the look of please let me know. Anything you don't like please tell Phil. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#78 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:49 am

A warm big Brummie welcome to all newcomers,get invovled and get stuck in.

signman

#79 by Geoff1940 , Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:09 am

Hello everyone,
I'm Geoff. I was born in Handsworth Birimingham in Jan 1940 and on leaving Rookery Road school in 1955 became a trainee photographer (techinical photography). In 1958 I joined the RAF (Photographer), got married and after leaving the RAF in 1970 settled down in Cambridgeshire as a Photolithographer.
I am now retired of course and I now have an ever greater interest in photography (and family history).
I visit Birmingham occaisionally and after about 50 years of messing up the City centre I think the developers have finally got it right.
I hope to contribute talk and photographs to the forum and look forward to the input from other members.
Sincerely yours, Geoff.

Geoff1940
Date registered 11.23.2011

#80 by Deleted User , Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:32 am

Welcome to the forum.We are small but perfectly formed as they say.[Welcome]

Last edited Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:33 am | Top

#81 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 am

Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the forum, you sound like you will become a valuable addition to our numbers. You might have noted that we run a weekly photo competition for a bit of fun. Nothing that could compete with your level of photography I'm sure, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing some of your stuff. Especially if you have any early photos of Birmingham.

Phil

phil

#82 by Geoff1940 , Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:57 am

Thank you for my welcome.
I am very new to forums so please bear with me while I find my way around!
I have posted a couple of pics in my album, more to follow when I get organised.
Geoff.

Geoff.

Geoff1940
Date registered 11.23.2011

#83 by Templer , Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Welcome to the forum Geoff, as Phil pointed out we are a small but friendly bunch.
Looking forward to your input, maybe you could give us some hints and tips on photography at some time.
Brian

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Templer  
Templer
Date registered 07.17.2010

Last edited 11.25.2011 | Top

#84 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Welcome Geoff, and nice to have a fellow photo nut,look forward to some of your work.
By the way you are 10 months older than me,so we are the old fogies on here,ha ha.

signman
Last edited Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:00 pm | Top

#85 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Welcome to our forum Geoff. May I apologise for everyone else in advance.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#86 by kate123 ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi everybody my name is kate i was born in marston green hospital nearly 60 years ago. I lived in four oaks near sutton coldfield for a number of years and then 33 years ago headed for beautiful west of ireland. I am researching my family tree to which my late dad left behind a mine of information for me, he also left behind his memoirs and loads of family photos going back to the 19th century. I am typing up his memoirs at the moment.
My husband and I run a language and culture centre but because we have the builders in we are closed for the time being. When everything is finished and we open again we hope to research local families history, run different functions etc.

kate123

#87 by Templer , Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi Kate, a very big welcome to the forum, it's good to have you with us.
We are a small but friendly bunch, and hope that you enjoy are company from time to time.
Brian

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Templer  
Templer
Date registered 07.17.2010

#88 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi Kate,

Glad you were able to say hello at last, as Templer has said we are a small but friendly bunch so settle in and get to know everybody.

Phil

phil

#89 by lynne webb , Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Hello Kate, nice to hear from you at last. You are so lucky to have photos and memories from your Dad. My Gt Grandfather was born in 1845 in Sligo and that is all I know about him.
Lynne.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#90 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi Kate nice to hear from you, Interesting to hear about your dads memoirs maybe you could treat us to th odd snippet. SB

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Hi Everyone

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor