Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Nechells

#181 by Voltman , Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Don't forget to click the upload button after selecting your file.
This often catches me out.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#182 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Pudding what type of file is it,

Only the following file types up to a maximum size of 2 MBytes are supported:
.jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png, .apk, .sxw, .pdf, .txt, .doc, .docx, .pptx, .ppsx, .xlsx, .odt, .sxc, .xls, .zip, .rar, .mp3, .vsd, .ppt, .xml

phil

#183 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:32 pm

pudding I've just uploaded two more photos on the alleyways & passages thread so it cant be a problem with the site.

phil

#184 by Deleted User , Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Phil, I'll try again

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
Last edited Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:39 pm | Top

#185 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 pm

pudding

Great photos, I especially like the aerial one. It shows my street on the top left corner and I would have still been living in Francis St at the time, but I think it's a little earlier than 1960 as stated.

I also don't think that the steam train is parked in front of the coliseum / Carlton theatre on saltley road as the photo I have shows what bit that can be seen quite differently. It would be interesting to find out just where it is because it does look like a cinema or theatre.

Attached pictures:
phil

#186 by Deleted User , Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Phil if you zoom in to the two pictures you can see identical stone work of the Carlton theatre also the lamp fixing above the tram engine and I think the sign board above the tram car says Carlton?

Last edited Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:56 am | Top

#187 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Yes pudding you are right, it's just that the tram is hiding the double entrance doorway and the first floor windows looks lower because of the tram.

phil

#188 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Pam

In case you wasn't able to find Charles Arthur Street on Carl's site I will post it here along with one or two other locations you have mentioned.

Attached pictures:
phil

#189 by Pam Keeling , Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:59 pm

These are fab thank you so much Phil. The one of walter street is fab my nans house was the last but one next to the alley that ran along the school playground. We used to have to run and hide from the wag man who as based there. Lol

Pam Keeling
Date registered 04.13.2013

#190 by Sheldonboy , Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Quote: Pam Keeling wrote in post #188
These are fab thank you so much Phil. The one of walter street is fab my nans house was the last but one next to the alley that ran along the school playground. We used to have to run and hide from the wag man who as based there. Lol

Phil is hard to beat on the Photo front Pam. He hasn't got many though he is a good mate of Doctor Who When anyone asks for a picture he just pops back in time to take one. That's what friends do for you. SB

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#191 by lynne webb , Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:23 pm

I've found an address on the E rolls for a rellie at 3 Ashted Villas, Heneage St. It looks as if its only a few doors down from the Grapes pub. Has anyone got a pic of this pub please Thanks.
Lynne.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#192 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Lynne

Though I only lived a few minutes walk away from this pub until I was 16, I have no memory of it at all. I can only think it was demolished before I became interested in pubs. Strange though because it was the nearest pub to our house and my parents never used it.

Attached pictures:
phil

#193 by lynne webb , Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanks Phil, that was quick. It was an uncle that lived there and the E Rolls were 1945, he died in 1950, so dont know how long after the pub went. We lived next door to a pub in Hospital St. but my dad never went in there, he preferred Summer Lane.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#194 by astoness , Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:24 am

Quote: lynne webb wrote in post #192
Thanks Phil, that was quick. It was an uncle that lived there and the E Rolls were 1945, he died in 1950, so dont know how long after the pub went. We lived next door to a pub in Hospital St. but my dad never went in there, he preferred Summer Lane.

lynne that probably because the punch ups were better in the summer lane pubs..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#195 by Deleted User , Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:43 am

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Hi all, I have come across this photo of a fruit shop supposed be on Nechells Park rd with the date of year 1918, can any of you work out the location on the road where this was please as you can see the name of the trader was Bowmer.

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Grosvenor Street / Grosvenor Row

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor