Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: What Things Have Changed For The Better

#76 by PJ , Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 pm

If either of you two drop the soap your on your own, like the Dragons Den I'm out.
Patrick

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#77 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:53 pm

I'm backing out of this one. Goodnight all.

If all else fails Read the instructions

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#78 by PJ , Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Goodnight Princes all, Bueno Snotches.

PJ  
PJ

#79 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:40 pm

PJ

But what do you mean by "I'm out"? and SB "Backing out" seems very sus to me.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 pm | Top

#80 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:10 am

No mate were just good friends.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#81 by PJ , Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Phil if your willing to bend down and grope for the soap in the altogether, in the steam with a load of Englishmen behind you, your more of a Scott than you think you are.
Patrick.

PJ  
PJ

#82 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:23 pm

PJ

Us Scot's only take cold showers and we don't use soap. We just rub ouselves down with a brick that's BRICK.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#83 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Hadrian had the right idea he built a dirty great wall to keep em in.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#84 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:31 pm

SB

You see that where the history books have got it wrong. Us Scot's helped Hadrian to build it to keep you pilfering Brit's out.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#85 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:58 pm

What was there to steal, a load of long haired Haggis Bashers. Even the Germans called them the Women from Hell.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#86 by PJ , Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Mashed potato,
I may have led a sheltered life.
Mashed potato to me was spuds with a little butter and salt, very nice if the spuds are cooked through, mashed with love with a dollop of good salted butter. There it is, mashed potato.

Yesterday I was treated to dinner at my nieces before friends and relatives gathered for a party for her sons 21st birthday. She made two different dishes so we had a choice and she selected the sort of thing that could gently simmer for some time before it would be ruined . Beef Bourguignon or chicken Chassuer either with mashed potato. This mashed potato was delicious a meal in its self, no, you cant call it mashed potato I identified leek cabbage and a touch of parsley, it was like me and Denise, nothing short of gorgeous. O k I said having devoured more than a fair share with the Chassuer, "hows it done". The poor girl first baked a shed load of spuds scooped out all the potato from the skins, put the flesh through a ricer this looks like a large garlic press sauted or fried the leek and the blanched cabbage in a little butter when transparent folded the greens into the spuds with a little cream and some creme fresh and seasoned to taste with salt and pepper topped off with a fleck of flat leaf parsely.
This is a definite improvement on Cadbury's Smash. She went to so much trouble and care for a make shift eat on your lap Sunday lunch. After the first taste everyone just looked at each other to see if it was just you dreaming.
Up to know I have only derided all these cooking programmes on the Telly, not anymore, keep them coming if this is the effect there having.
Patrick

PJ  
PJ

#87 by Sheldonboy , Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Very nice PJ that sounds flippin tasty.
How I like Mashed Tatties is nice and firm not too sloppy, with nice thick rich gravy and a dirty great sausage. A little bit of salt and pepper. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 02.01.2010 | Top

#88 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm in complete agreement sos and mash is great. I like mine with fried onions and gravy, though I can be tempted to have it with baked beans and daddies sauce with no gravy.

My next favourite has to be egg & chips. but thats a rare treat now only if I have been a good boy and not over indulged myself.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#89 by Sheldonboy , Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Phil, don't you think the most simple meals are the tastiest. SB

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#90 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:39 pm

SB

Over the years I have dined at some of the best restaurants in Birmingham and around the country. I have to say the posher the noshery the smaller the meal.

I will not deny that I have had some very fine meals in some top rank places. The service is not always what it cracked up to be though.

I don't care what anybody says, but you cant beat a good mixed grill in a greasy spoon cafe.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The Known Universe

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor