Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Products we remember

#196 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:02 am

How can a joint of pork operate a radio?

Make Love, Not War

phil

#197 by Sheldonboy , Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:31 am

You never heard Terry Wogan then

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#198 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:08 am

Surely he would be more potato based?

Make Love, Not War

phil

#199 by Sheldonboy , Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:24 am

Potato based with a particularly Porky filling. I agree.

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#200 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:55 am

I would have thought pork & beans or rather pork & wind.

Make Love, Not War

phil

#201 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:25 am

Talking about Pork, I used love "Robirch" Pork Pies, so called because they were made by Roberts and Birch. The Pork was pink, so it may have been dyed, and it had a wonderful jelly, the pastry was just right. It wasn't overdone and hard like most of todays pies. Probably not good for you but the taste was absolutely lovely. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#202 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:04 pm

I was never a pork pie eater, I wasn't keen on the meat. I was always a bit suspicious of any meat I was unable to identify. Though I have to admit I also liked the pastry and aspic jelly on some of them.

Make Love, Not War

phil

#203 by Voltman , Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Radio is the spectrum of wave signals used to carry the audio broadcast.
A Radio Set, or Wireless Set as it was called in the old days, is the equipment used to receive said signal and extract from it the audio frequencies it is carrying and make them audible.

VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#204 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:07 pm

I don't believe a word of it, I know there is a little man inside it talking, because my mother told me so.

Make Love, Not War

phil

#205 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Is he Radio Active ?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#206 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Yes he is very active and so are his family who live in that other little box, you know the one with the glass front.

Make Love, Not War

phil

#207 by Voltman , Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:32 pm

This would explain the quantity and poor quality of the repeat performances.

Of course, if you do still have a glass front to your box you may need to buy a set top box containing a whole new digital family.

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#208 by Sheldonboy , Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 am

Will they make the programmes any better ?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#209 by Voltman , Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:28 am

Possibly....
The (old) analogue transmission could still be received and viewed even when the carrier signal was weak. Digital signals are either on or off, literally, so if any part of the signal is missing, or below a preset threshold, there is nothing to see except the garbled pixelations that the TV itself has stored for the purpose of annoying you.

The way I see it is if the picture goes off then that is an improvement. The adverts will still get through though, at twice the volume of the program you would have watched if they weren't there.

Try this, switch on the TV and randomnly select a few non BBC channels. How many were showing adverts? For me it is always about 4 out of 5.
I don't watch TV live anyway, I record it and then skip the ads.
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#210 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 am

Far better be like me and don't watch TV at all, well at least very rarely. It has to be something very special to get me watching TV now.

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Anyone Remember Crossroads

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor