Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#7501 by Sheldonboy , Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:46 pm

START YOU OFF Den. Those mobility scooters are brilliant for the people who really need them. Unfortunately they are just a means of getting around for most of the users that I see. Overweight Men and Women who are so damn big they should have a wide load sign on their nether regions. Some use theses scooters because they are too unfit and fat to walk and they are just lazy. Then of course because they ride everywhere they just get bigger.
Leave the disabled equipment to the disabled. SB

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#7502 by mollymandysb , Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:16 am

as you can all see by the time i cant sleep, been up and wrapped some presents up. no sb i am never ready for christmas until the shops close on xmas eve and this year with the new little one due on 29th dec but expected to come earlier - well what can i say - bags are already packed and cots put up at my house for the present one.

well i am going to open the topic (which some of you might not experience) is buggies on buses, they are as big as prams and they crowd onto the bus and settle at the front, never mind there being no room for wheelchairs or elderly peope wishing to sit down - youngsters today dont walk anywhere.

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#7503 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 am

Good morning everyone.
Steph Buggies on buses, one of my pet moans. Operating correctly they are no problem young moms these days have to get about, we all have a life to live. but some of these buggies are not Bus Friendly. particularly the Juggernaut style with three wheels. the single wheel at the front comes out far too far and the two wheels at the back are far too wide. then we have the twin ones one has one seat in front of another which makes the about six feet long which is stupid for a bus. The other is a side by side twin which makes them as wide as the aisle and they have to force down the bus.
As though some of these don't take up enough room, when two of theses are boarded it's a nightmare, I have actually been on a bus where there were four. Needless to say no-one else could get on. This of course is slightly impounded by the fact that most of them have half a dozen carrier bags hanging on them. Then of course you get my other pet hate on buses, thats when people board a bus and are too bone idle to move down the aisle even when there are seats. So they are all standing by the luggage rack. Then you come to your stop. when you have to push past abunch of overloaded buggies half a dozen fat women ( They always hunt in packs ) and bunch of brainless farts blocking the exit.
West midlands travel actually have a policy now thank God that they only allow two buggies on at a time. Some drivers sometimes adhere to this rule, some just like a quiet life. After all the driver is guaranteed his seat. SB

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7504 by astoness , Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:10 am

morning all....glad yer moan is over SB...hope your bus journeys today are problem free...including mr smelly..[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#7505 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:36 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
Good morning everyone.
Steph Buggies on buses, one of my pet moans. Operating correctly they are no problem young moms these days have to get about, we all have a life to live. but some of these buggies are not Bus Friendly. particularly the Juggernaut style with three wheels. the single wheel at the front comes out far too far and the two wheels at the back are far too wide. then we have the twin ones one has one seat in front of another which makes the about six feet long which is stupid for a bus. The other is a side by side twin which makes them as wide as the aisle and they have to force down the bus.
As though some of these don't take up enough room, when two of theses are boarded it's a nightmare, I have actually been on a bus where there were four. Needless to say no-one else could get on. This of course is slightly impounded by the fact that most of them have half a dozen carrier bags hanging on them. Then of course you get my other pet hate on buses, thats when people board a bus and are too bone idle to move down the aisle even when there are seats. So they are all standing by the luggage rack. Then you come to your stop. when you have to push past abunch of overloaded buggies half a dozen fat women ( They always hunt in packs ) and bunch of brainless farts blocking the exit.
West midlands travel actually have a policy now thank God that they only allow two buggies on at a time. Some drivers sometimes adhere to this rule, some just like a quiet life. After all the driver is guaranteed his seat. SB

I forgot to add, most of these women usually have a couple of their sisters and four other kids
Who always go to the back of the bus. Then of course they have to scream at each other all along the journey.
That is when they arnt
Entertaining us with their mobile phone conversations, while the kids are playing music on theirs.
End of Rant ( until I think of something else.
If you think I am exagerating, just get on a busy Brum Bus.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 11.11.2011 | Top

#7506 by astoness , Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:44 am

SB..you forgot to mention the idiots who sneek upstairs with drink and ciggies....and not always normal ciggies..they then decide to throw a party...ive encounted this more than once....[Lyn]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#7507 by astoness , Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:51 am

dont forget the minutes silence at 11 o clock this morning....god bless them all...

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#7508 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:59 am

Very true Lyn but all our buses are single deckers. All Double deckers on the 37 were replaced years ago because of the drugs problem. A
Another problem on buses is the foul language mostly from young women.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7509 by astoness , Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:06 am

i agree with that as well SB...would never have dreamed of swearing in public when i was a youngster....how the world has changed...no respect at all now...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#7510 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:13 am

You agree with me, must put that in the diary.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7511 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:04 am

Good morning all,

Bus journeys sound absolutely fascinating, you lucky people. Here is me stuck in my boring old car while buses wiz past me in bus lanes whilst being held up by cyclists.

Phil

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

phil
Last edited Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:43 am | Top

#7512 by astoness , Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:08 am

morning phil...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#7513 by mollymandysb , Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:13 am

oh, you are so right sb about the amount of buggies on buses and the type. again youa re right about the amount of shopping these girls do (all primark) and the swearing, yes, they do run up to the back of the bus then shout to each other.

Phil, you v never lived if you not been on one of these buses. redditch is not too bad about smoking and drinking on buses and we dont have many double decker ones. however, i have been in kings heath/maypole when the no 50 has been stopped and police called because a threesome (usually youths) have got on at one stop say in kings heath and gone upstairs and bullied a person to hand over their phones and wallets and then get off at the next stop. they just then jump on to the next bus and carry on - very lucrative.
now at the age when i have my bus pass, i travel down to evesham, stratford upon avon, moreton in marsh, tewkesbury etc. and these places dont seem to have the same problems. very refreshing.

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#7514 by Deleted User , Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:38 am

Em can forgive buggies as was a young mum myself once and life can be difficult.

Having three was an epic journey when we went out but miss those little people LOL

#7515 by mikejee , Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:02 pm

What some people seem to forget is that buggies are carried on buses as a courtesy, not a right. The spaces that they occupy when erect are provided for disabled or similar people, and they are allowed to use them as a courtesy only. A couple of weeks ago I was taking my mother into town in her wheelchair. The bus stopped , but the driver said "there isn't room , but another bus will be along shortly". This was true (on this occasion), and another bus did come in about 5 mins, but the "fullness" was caused by two buggies whose owners made no effort to close to make space, as they should have done, but just looked on gormlessly out of the window. This was a very unusual occurrence, and passengers and drivers are usually very considerate , but the fact thet they do not have a right to use the space should be emphasised.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor