Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#6556 by astoness , Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:23 am

Posted by Voltman

Posted by phil
Volty

I don't think it is a mosaic as such, it might be made up of pre-formed sections. Even then the joints look pretty fine, the next time I see my two Italian friends at Birmingham Tile & Mosaic I will ask their opinion because if its mosaic then I bet one of their relations did it.

Phil

Ok Phil, I wasn't really saying it was made from tiny bits, I was trying to indicate that is was inlaid and not just on the surface, sometimes the words don't erm..... arrive, pop up, come to me when I need them. I do have some other shots but I don't expect them to reveal anything more other than the fact that the area was cordoned off and a sign describing the origins of the Arms was placed in front of it.

So it might well be the sort of thing your Italians could have been called in to do as I doubt there would be many people about who were skilled in that sort of thing.
I took a small number of shots inside the building when I was in there in 2001, removing some electronic controls for BCC. Mostly of interest to myself but there are a few architectural details. I wish I had taken it seriously and photographed the entire building. I had free run of it for a whole day, if not two, I don't quite remember. I may be able to put them in the photo gallery if I can edit out my mate.

Anyway, the Coat of Arms will still be in the floor, even if it is now a hotel.
VM

really volty.....i cant believe you had the run of baskerville house and did not take advantage of it....shame on you....cop this..[Hammers] look forward to any other photos you have though and i may let you off..[Laugh Out Loud]

thanks for the pic of the hereford phil...and how nice to have a dedication to your uncle in there...do you still go in....

morning all...heating has just gone on for a couple of hours..tis freezing in the house at the min...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 10.19.2011 | Top

#6557 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:43 am

Morning Lyn, what you up to today.
Nice sharp light wind here this morning,just going shopping in a mo, then breakfast,then down the Waggon with some photo books I have for Laura, then hanging around twiddling my thumbs until Thursday when I get the artwork for the Irish signs.

signman

#6558 by astoness , Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am

morning john...well if it warms up a bit i may do some cutting down in the back garden..it really is quite cold here at the min...you wont be twiddling yer thumbs for long as it's Thursday tomorrow and then you can get cracking on the irish job..just heard we can expect a winter on the same lines as the last one in which case i shall be hibernating....[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 10.19.2011 | Top

#6559 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:58 am

I hope so, more snow, bring it on, healthy weather, provided you are well wrapped up, kills all the germsThe price on the wheel has just been announced £8 adults, £6.50 children, no concessions, ride only lasts 12 minutes, that's 3 revolutions,and they are applying for a wedding license
12 minutes to get married, talk about a quickie.

signman
Last edited Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:02 am | Top

#6560 by astoness , Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:10 am

lol john...that is a quick wedding...i agree about the cold being healthy for you...i well remember as kids we would spend hours out in the snow..well wrapped up but we just didnt seem to get all the coughs and colds that seem to fly around these days...worse thing i ever got was piggin chillblains from sticking me feet right up to the coal fire in the living room...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#6561 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:20 am

Lyn, remember when you used to see lots of women with that horrible red marking on one side of their legs due to sitting to close to the fire.
My mate fell asleep after a drinking session, in front of the fire and it burned his leg so badly through his trousers he had to have a skin graft.

signman

#6562 by astoness , Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:26 am

yes john in those days you could easily tell who the fire hoggers were...lol..crikey your mate must have been sitting there for ages to cause that much damage...mind you i used to stand with me back to the firequard and hitch up my dress or skirt...had red legs many a time..[Little LOL] our mom used to go spare at me...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#6563 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:31 am

The mind boggles, off down to Morrisons, catch you later.

signman

#6564 by astoness , Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:32 am

Posted by signman
The mind boggles, off down to Morrisons, catch you later.

lol john...catch you later..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#6565 by Frothy , Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:44 am

Remember Hot aches?

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#6566 by astoness , Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:51 am

Posted by Frothy
Remember Hot aches?

now yer getting personal froth...what was them then..i think i know......morning....[Silly Grin]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#6567 by Sheldonboy , Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:03 am

Posted by Frothy
Remember Hot aches?

Mornin Froth yes I remember them they were a good band.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6568 by Sheldonboy , Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:05 am

Posted by signman
I hope so, more snow, bring it on, healthy weather, provided you are well wrapped up, kills all the germsThe price on the wheel has just been announced £8 adults, £6.50 children, no concessions, ride only lasts 12 minutes, that's 3 revolutions,and they are applying for a wedding license
12 minutes to get married, talk about a quickie.

Sounds long enough to be married to me.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6569 by Voltman , Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:06 am

Oh...the good old days.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#6570 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:20 am

Posted by signman
The mind boggles, off down to Morrison's, catch you later.

Morning all,

Talking about Morrison's I see thats what planning application has been submitted for at the old Lucas Plant on Shaftmoor Lane.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor