Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#5791 by Voltman , Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Hereford? Nothing really. I'm not so vindictive that I can't dislike places and people just for the sake of it.

As to Squirrels, which I have now learnt to spell correktly, I encountered red squirrels in the lake district some years ago. They were at the top of a tall tree which they had stripped of all it's bark, throwing stuff down at us. I also saw some on a golf course in Madrid quite recently, very cute with their little tufts, no sign of damage anywhere.
So when I hear claims that the grey squirrel is destructive I have to disagree. I can testify that 50% of the reds I have met were destructive whilst I have never witnessed destruction by any of the thousands of greys I have met.
Not very scientific of course, but neither is the hearsay that passes as fact about most things.
VM

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 09.23.2011 | Top

#5792 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Volty

When was the last time you saw a red squirrel, because its been a good many years since I saw one.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5793 by mikejee , Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:51 pm

I've never seen a red squirrel in the wild, even though I once visited Brownsea island (about the only place south of the lake district they are found) in the hope of seeing one.
As to the destructiveness and pestiness of red & grey suirrels, I don't think either are any worse than football supporters and players

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5794 by mollymandysb , Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:26 pm

if i messed with my squirrel i think he would take a shotgun to me or go back into the loft and start chewing the wires.

phil you live in solihull, well us carrot crunches out in rural redditch have to live with the wild live. the blackbirds tap on the patio window for food and the robin well.

my other half is a brummie born in oldfield road, which he says is balsall heath, does nt like any one from anywhere else, i have a lot of welsh ancestors and was brought up there, he gets quite cruel sometimes about the welsh, when we did give you some of the water. most brummies somewhere down the line came in from other parts of the country, not many can trace their histories back beyond the mid 1800s to birmingham. although i do have to say the other half, bless him, have been able to trace back to deritend when a hamlet and basall heath when it was country, his ancestor being a cowman, seems strange now tho thinking of cows in basall heath. the other part of his fam were from tardebigge in bromsgrove and pershore all in worcestershire, so not travelled very far.

i am sure i saw on a country programme recently that their were red squirrels living in yorkshire, re introduced i admit.

people say greys nd pigeons are rats with tails or wings, i like rats. its man who pollutes the earth. there again my other half would say "well you v never seen rats like i have, as big as ******, looking up at you when trying to sit on the outside lav in the middle of the night". what poverty he endured, lol

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#5795 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Molly

Being from Balsall Heath as he is your husband is of good sound common sense. I don't wonder he has informed you that the Welsh gave us nothing and we paid the asking rate for the Elan Valley and look at the work it provided then building all those reservoirs and dams. In fact if it were not for us Brummies the Welsh might have died out by now.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5796 by Sheldonboy , Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Posted by phil
Molly

Being from Balsall Heath as he is your husband is of good sound common sense. I don't wonder he has informed you that the Welsh gave us nothing and we paid the asking rate for the Elan Valley and look at the work it provided then building all those reservoirs and dams. In fact if it were not for us Brummies the Welsh might have died out by now.

Phil

The best thing that ever came out of Balsal Heath is the Bus route

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5797 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy

The wanderer returns, no the bus route was pretty crap as well, I think you mean the best thing to come out of Balsall Heath was the road to Solihull.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5798 by Sheldonboy , Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Posted by phil

Posted by Sheldonboy

The wanderer returns, no the bus route was pretty crap as well, I think you mean the best thing to come out of Balsall Heath was the road to Solihull.

Phil

Evening Phil and everyone.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5799 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Evening sir

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5800 by astoness , Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:03 pm

ahh evening SB and just to make sure you are awake after a hard week at work...[Hammers]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#5801 by Sheldonboy , Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Evening Lyn...Thats better.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5802 by astoness , Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:14 pm

was not too sure you would apppreciate a bang on the head SB but thought it was worth the risk..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#5803 by astoness , Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:48 pm

our tom has just gone to the chippy as i didnt feel like cooking tonight..having fish chips and mushy peas..hard to find a decent chippy these days but we have one by us...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#5804 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Lyn

I recently discovered a decent chippy about 15 minutes drive from me. Its on the corner of Severn Rd and Gospel Lane. My son whom lives nearby in Hall Green recommended it. When I am down that way I get fish & chips it costs £4.80 but it does for both me and my wife and it is eatable. The fish is about a foot or more in length lightly battered and the chips are a light golden brown and about two pound in weight. Well worth the trip.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5805 by astoness , Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Posted by phil
Lyn

I recently discovered a decent chippy about 15 minutes drive from me. Its on the corner of Severn Rd and Gospel Lane. My son whom lives nearby in Hall Green recommended it. When I am down that way I get fish & chips it costs £4.80 but it does for both me and my wife and it is eatable. The fish is about a foot or more in length lightly battered and the chips are a light golden brown and about two pound in weight. Well worth the trip.

Phil

hi phil...thats not bad if it does for 2 of you...ive just finished mine and i cant move now...[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor