Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: good morning,BIRMINGHAM.

#4996 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:44 pm

I see June looked in today, Hi June don't be such a stranger. We all hope you are well.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4997 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:58 am

Morning all,

It doesn't look very promising again today does it?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4998 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:27 am

Clear blue skies, a little wind and sunny today.
I'm just ordering laminate flooring for the bedroom,decided against carpet, (I hate vacuums) and it's so easy to install,got a good deal online
£5.95 plus vat a square metre,reduced from £33.95 a metre, will keep me busy for half a day.

signman

#4999 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 am

John

Best of luck laying it mate, I laid some in our Kitchen some years back and had a game doing so. I wasn't too keen on the result afterwards but I put up with it for a few years until I had it up and tiled the floor. The tiles have been down for about 20 years now without a problem. Don't you think it will be a little cold for a bedroom, still I imagine anything is better than the bare boards we had as kids.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5000 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

Phil, I find it very easy to put down, ( I've done about 7 for various people) and I prefer the ease of cleaning it, cold doesn't bother me.
Yes bare boards with holes in was the norm,we have become too soft and mommy cuddled nowadays,about time we went back to the war years
would be a harsh lesson for todays kids I'm afraid, but I'm sure it would benefit them in so many ways, (no bloody mobile phones for a start).

signman

#5001 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:32 am

John

I don't know about mobile phones, but my mother never had a phone of any sort in her house until about 1990, and I think she still had lino in her bedrooms until the day she died last year.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5002 by Voltman , Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:42 am

Although I haven't done domestic work for quite a few years, laminate flooring was one of the many many reasons I started to avoid it.
Often the people who love it so much have dogs and an aversion to using a vacuum cleaner, or in fact any sort of cleaning. They are also more likely to have a load of plug-in air fresheners, which are near the top of my list of most hated domestic dangers.
The result from my point of view is a slippery, dirty, scratched and badly fitted, inpenetrable floor that I can barely see anyway through my tears of allergy.

I have no doubt Signman's floor will be lovely, but they are few and far between in my limited experience.
VM

“I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5003 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:49 am

Volty

Dogs should not be allowed into living areas. I try to enforce this in my household, but it is a waste of time when the kids are visiting. My wife is a maniac with the vacuum cleaner and vacs the ground floor of the house at least twice a day and at the slightest whiff of the dog the air freshener spray comes out. We don't use plug in's because I like yourself don't think they are safe.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5004 by Deleted User , Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:51 am

Morning all,fab morning here in Tewkesbury,hope it lasts.

Well I have taken old carpet up and have floorboards.I like the look but that is all.I still wiggle my toes in the matsLOL so I will go the same way as John but purely because of Dog Hair.In the winter the carpet tends to get marked and I have had enough of it,if I had all day to spend cleaning it is ok but there is a big world out there LOL

Hope you get some sun,not that awful wall of heat but warmish LOL

PS I am talking vinyl not laminate.

Last edited Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:56 am | Top

#5005 by astoness , Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:52 pm

evening all...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5006 by Sheldonboy , Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Good Evening all. Good evening Miss Astoness.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5007 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Evening all,

For those who haven't see this on the "Gun Quarter Renaming" thread and might wish to sign a petition to get this bit of civic vandalism stopped then take a look here.

http://www.savethebirminghamgunquarter.co.uk/

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5008 by Deleted User , Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:25 am

Morning all.

#5009 by Sheldonboy , Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:31 am

Good morning Den and everyone.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5010 by Sheldonboy , Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Good evening Handlebar

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor