Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: good morning,BIRMINGHAM.

#4966 by Voltman , Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:13 pm

You guys have discussed this sign before, See "Vanishing Trades" Post No.9
VANISHING TRADES.

My time is money, I can lend you 10 minutes for lunch.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#4967 by Deleted User , Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Got confused here..........thought this thread was for more general chit chat............or am I too grumpy?

I am grumpy because I have been enclosed all day and sweating like an ox and me feet have swelled up.

#4968 by Voltman , Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Toooo Grumpy.
Take one glass full of ice cubes, add slice of lemon, pour Gin slowly over ice to half fill glass. Add tonic water in moderation.
Wait two minutes and.........pour over swollen feet.

My time is money, I can lend you 10 minutes for lunch.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#4969 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Denise

This is Brummy Chat, but you are right its the sort of thing that should be discussed elsewhere.

Volty,

It just shows how bad the old memory is getting, I don't even remember the thread. You are right about one thing though, and that is that gin is only fit for washing your feet with.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4970 by Deleted User , Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:39 pm

So wrong Phil,Gin and Tonic is wonderful in the heat,lots of Ice.

Sangria is good too.

#4971 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm

To be quite honest Denise, I think my feet are too good to be washed in gin. I'd rather soak them in vinegar than gin. In fact I'd rather drink vinegar than gin.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4972 by Deleted User , Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:10 pm

I am away tomorrow afternoon,if I can get my dongle to work at the van I will enter the photo comp,if not will have to bow out this week ,not sure what we are doing exactly.

#4973 by Voltman , Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:10 am

I can't believe that Denise said that. I used to have a van, curtains, blankets and a cool box included, yet my dongle was always refused.

Phil, for a big drinker you have certainly denied yourself a lot of choice, in fact I don't think you have ever told us what you actually drank.

I wasn't a gin drinker until I went to Paraguay, then the tiny amount of quinine in the tonic water, which I always I hated, became a useful dietary supplement. Now, I find VAT is just as pleasant if one wants a long cold drink. Gin is not a depressant any more than beer is a thugs dirink. It's just that prior to the addition of VAT and even more excessive Duty it was cheap enough for low life to live on, or put it another way, depressed people might drink gin but it doesn't mean the gin is to blame.
VM

“I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 08.03.2011 | Top

#4974 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:42 am

You can't beat a good gin,schweppes tonic ,ice and a slice of cucumber.

signman

#4975 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:20 am

Morning all,

It doesn't look very promising today. typical as I'm off out for the day again.

Volty I thought I had gone through my drinking history from back when i was a big drinker. I was never a beer drinker in my life and before lager when in company I drank pints of light ale, but otherwise it was rum. I gradually shifted on to white rum when it reared its head in this country, but I found myself getting too fond of it and was drinking way too much. So I decided to start drinking something I wasn't all that keen on, thats when I started on whisky. A big mistake because I found I was drinking at least a bottle a night. After a good few years of that I was told point blank stop or die, after some thought I decided to pack it in altogether. So now you know as much as me.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4976 by Voltman , Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 am

Good Morning Everyone,

So Phil, Light Ale, Dark Rum, Rum Bacardi and Whiskey.
My thoughts......
Light Ale, lovely stuff and good with food, unlike your other poisons.
Rum, of any colour, thoroughly disgusting no point trying to deny it.
Whisky, good as a tipple but not what I would consider a suitable drink for a night out.
VM

“I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#4977 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Volty

You see that is where we will have to agree to differ, there is no better drink than a single malt. That is when you can get it, at least when I packed up drinking pubs were beginning to get educated and were stocking a choice of malts for the discerning drinker.

Not that I had any trouble because any pub that I used knew which side their bread was buttered and they soon got a stock of Macallan or Highland Park in.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4978 by Voltman , Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Phil,
I didn't say there was anything wrong with a single malt, but to me it is an occasional treat, just like Port is. I wouldn't consider drinking either one of them all night every night.
For the record I always have a bottle of Glenfiddich 15 year old in stock.
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 08.03.2011 | Top

#4979 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Just got back from a most enjoyable day at Gulliver's World Milton Keynes. I have no complaints about this venue, the entrance fee was reasonable, there were no horrendous queues and the kids got straight on the rides. The food and drink at the many outlets around the park was very reasonable and all the staff were very pleasant.

The only thing that spoilt the day was a torrential downpour for about 30 minutes around 2.p.m. as we were out in the open we got absolutely soaked. Still we soon dried out and the kids didn't seem to mind.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4980 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Posted by Voltman
Phil,
I didn't say there was anything wrong with a single malt, but to me it is an occasional treat, just like Port is. I wouldn't consider drinking either one of them all night every night.
For the record I always have a bottle of Glenfiddich 15 year old in stock.
VM

Volty

The only time I drank tall drinks was when I was in company, this was a necessity as I found I was continually nicking up to the bar between rounds.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor