Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#4786 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 am

Posted by denise

Don't like this getting older business.

Morning all,

Denise,

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter". Mark Twain

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional". Chili Davis

Just a couple of thoughts for the day.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4787 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Posted by phil

Posted by denise

Don't like this getting older business.

Morning all,

Denise,

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter". Mark Twain

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional". Chili Davis

Just a couple of thoughts for the day.

Phil

You are only as old as you feel.
God I hope not.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#4788 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:32 pm

SB

When you wake up each morning in that few moments before you get out of bed, your mind thinks you are a 16 year old. The trick is to keep that frame of mind all day. I do, thats why I turn over and go back to sleep.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4789 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Posted by phil
SB

When you wake up each morning in that few moments before you get out of bed, your mind thinks you are a 16 year old. The trick is to keep that frame of mind all day. I do, thats why I turn over and go back to sleep.

Phil

Phil I work the opposite to most people and I always have. I can wake up in the morning at 4-5 or 6 Oclock and be a real pain in the nethers to anyone. Within a short time I can be off to work or whatever. At the other end of the day when everyone else starts waking up I start getting dozy. If I could have a nice Siesta from say 12- 3 Oclock I would be good for both ends of the day. But the boss wouldn't have it.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4790 by Deleted User , Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:30 am

Morning all,got to the lottie yesterday,then Morrisons...only needed a bit but got a lot........realised Jim has bought cat food for the dogs ????oh well it's cat food or starve but they raised no complaints.

My old collie is looking like an old collie these days......it upsets me .........want her to live for ever LOL

Hmmmm do I see a bright golden haze on the meadow??the sky is a bit grey though....we will see.

#4791 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:44 am

Morning All,

The corn is as high as an elephant's eye,

Denise,

I'm looking like an old man these days, and that upsets me. The dog can fend for himself.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4792 by mikejee , Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:04 am

I seem to remember reading once that it is fine to serve cat food to dogs, but you shouldn't do the reverse too much, something to do with the mineral balance in it

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4793 by Voltman , Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 am

Ther appears to be some smoke over the road..

And it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky.

Denise, go out and buy some dog food. Cat food is aimed soley at cats and whilst it may not harm your dogs it won't do them any good.
As I understand it dogs will eat anything you put in front of them. Remember, they are what they eat and they won't get a glossy coat and a waggy tail from mouse flavoured tuna.
VM

My time is money, I can lend you 10 minutes for lunch.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#4794 by Deleted User , Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:34 am

Have a heart you lot,me dogs are treated like little queens.

I have bought an old telephone forties type bakalite,does anyone know where I can get it converted for modern use....I know it can be done .I would like to sell it done up if I can.

#4795 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:43 am

Our little Yorkie ate nothing but cat food for 14 years (Whiskas) it was all she would eat, it couldn't have done her much harm. 14 years is a good age for a Yorkie.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4796 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:32 pm

What's the point, you can buy them now,converted to the modern system, don't waste your time and money.

signman

#4797 by Deleted User , Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Are you entering the photo comp John ?

#4798 by Voltman , Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:32 am

Denise, I would never have a go at your dogs, thus my concern for the lack of nutrition they will get from cat food.
Isn't a yorkie the very small terrier that is about as big as a kitten? Perhaps they need less meaty goodness than most dogs but the fact that cat food contains large amounts of ash and a dose of Taurine would surely mean it isn't the ideal food for any dog? Perhaps supplements are what allow some dogs to thrive on a cat food based diet. Along with the fact that dogs never say no to a treat.

Re the telephone, I think it is a matter of cost effectiveness.
Dials still work on our new digital system and the rest hasn't changed much, as far as I know, so all that is required is a new lead with a 631A plug at one end and spade terminals at the other.
Whilst it may then work on BT's network it could flag up as faulty, or non compliant, as the ringing equivalence could prove to be too high, presenting a lower impedance to the line and drawing too much current.
This would require additional components and is where the cost comes in, labour being the most expensive part of the modification.

I have a 60s model that works on the modern digital system but I have never looked inside to see what has been done to it.
If, as Signman says, they are widely available already converted then a one off conversion would probably cost more than the increase in value of the phone, or possibly even devalue it as a relic of the past.
VM

My time is money, I can lend you 10 minutes for lunch.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 07.23.2011 | Top

#4799 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:19 am

Morning all,
Haven't had much time lately to be on here,too much urgent work on hand, slowly getting on top of it,weather not helping as a lot of it is outside,one of the jobs being a signwriting one over the seafront stage of the outdoor theatre in Rottingdean,almost on the beach.
Here's a couple of photos from Monday when I went to see the job, it's not stopped raining since.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman
Last edited Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:20 am | Top

#4800 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:26 am

Morning John, We actually look like getting a couple of reasonable day, (hopefully). I still hav'nt managed to finish painting my bench yet, I hope to sort it tomorrow. Loads to do, just been very busy as you have. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor